Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
-2 sportmaster lowers on B1's >

-2 sportmaster lowers on B1's

Notices

-2 sportmaster lowers on B1's

Old 10-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

where do you boat TCWR. I think you can if you have the right gimble bearing. Do you guys all have xr drives
Old 10-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

tcwcar you make sound like a bad thing talking about boats on a friday night...

Allicat, I put on universal labbed 31p bravos from mercury with some cup and get no blow out when getting up on plane... maybe its the notch. I had 28 Hydro Q-IV when I bought the boat, they would blow all the time when getting up on plane. My 500's were bumped up to about 560 hp and im doing 81 at 5000 rpm vs. 81 at 5300 rpm.

Boomer, Ill definitely call you near future before I start my winter project. My boat is coming out next weekend.... JERSEY SUCKS!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allicat, I haven't had the Mystique in water yet, bought it May, a few little fixes turned into alot more.....but when I splash it, its going to be Northeast Maryland, I'm only 45 mins. from there, My other boat is at Mears Point marina,(Red eyes dock bar).....my drives are bravo 1, which supprized me I thought all blue mercs had XRs......and the sad thing is I just finished rebuilding/repainting/new decals, the drives there beautiful, and Boomer has me looking for Xr -2 shortys.....never happy
Gotcigs its not a bad thing....just sent the wife to bed (quiet time) its just me and the dogs, chatting with you guys...LOL
Boomer thanks for the info....I thought you were in Flordia????whats your winter project?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

winter project for me will be LED lights, some paint touch up, and other random bling....

dont forget to cut your diffuser rings half off, EASY mph for the mystique, and cheap...

im running XR uppers, with imco -2 lowers. the XR uppers give me the choice to run 5 and 6 blades. the 6 blades make the boat handle like a dream, but the 4 blades seem to be a tad faster
Old 10-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boomer thats what I'm doing right now painting... repainted the whole boat with basecoat/clearcoat, redid the bow and stern rails, took the rub rail off and other ss parts and polished them, wet sand the rest of the gel, boat only had 250hrs on it, but the saltwater is hard on them, and I think the previous owner did do alot cleaning and closed his eyes everytime he when to dock the boat alot of minor gel repair...but the price was right for me.......
Old 10-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

I did paint and clear coat last season. Had a bad gouge on starboard side and some minor other scratches. Used 3 coats of Imron clear coat, boat looks new now.

This year will be dialing it in with drives and props... never ends, never be perfect, but ill keep trying.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

Mystique owners

Did any of you get how deep your drives are. mine are 5.5 below.

If biggus is watching how deep are your drives and did you ever get pics of how close your motors are to the fuel tank. Im curious about that and the drive depths.

Dave
Old 10-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Boomer does the difusser ring help with planning. Did it affect planning after you cut it down.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Allicat38
Mystique owners

Did any of you get how deep your drives are. mine are 5.5 below.

If biggus is watching how deep are your drives and did you ever get pics of how close your motors are to the fuel tank. Im curious about that and the drive depths.

Dave
I don't have an exact measurement but just putting an eye on it today, it looks like the propshaft is 3"-3.5" below the hull bottom. (no notch, T/S) It's got a fair amount of cavitation getting on plane. Drives are XR/Sportmasters, std length.

Motors are very close to the bulkheads.

Great thread BTW!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered

Water pumps are a PIA to get to especially STB motor. I have the blowout during planning too. Friend took a video this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNgBh...&feature=feedu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.