Dry Sumping Volvo DPR'S

Notices

Dry Sumping Volvo DPR'S

Old 08-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by denpol
Peter
Is your carbon exhaust tubing treated with special heat resistant resin or is the regular vinylester tube good enough? (Since I sea not much water coming out of the exhaust )

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul,
The exhaust tubing is made from high grade polyester that is more than good enough for the temperatures that the exhaust will see, there is a very large cool collar just after the turbos which all the raw water passes through, there are six 3mm holes that feed water from the cool collar to the internal exhaust the balance overflows via the 2" pipe. Because the exhaust is a very large diameter and the gas speed is low it isn't able to atomise the water as soon as you increase the revs and the exhaust gas increases in velocity the water mixes with the exhaust gases and becomes a uniform cooling medium. On the previous installation i had one single 8mm hole which worked just fine but i thought i would be a little more sophisticated this time round.

Peter
Old 08-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peterunwin
Hi Paul,
The exhaust tubing is made from high grade polyester that is more than good enough for the temperatures that the exhaust will see, there is a very large cool collar just after the turbos which all the raw water passes through, there are six 3mm holes that feed water from the cool collar to the internal exhaust the balance overflows via the 2" pipe. Because the exhaust is a very large diameter and the gas speed is low it isn't able to atomise the water as soon as you increase the revs and the exhaust gas increases in velocity the water mixes with the exhaust gases and becomes a uniform cooling medium. On the previous installation i had one single 8mm hole which worked just fine but i thought i would be a little more sophisticated this time round.

Peter
Thanks again for trhe lesson

cheers
Paul
Old 08-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what ever happened to this build ? never saw final numbers. was also following this build on madboats but nothing there either .
Old 08-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

find Peter Unwin on FB and see the posts there he stopped posting here.