Bravo 1 upper bearing install problems >

Bravo 1 upper bearing install problems

Notices

Bravo 1 upper bearing install problems

Old 06-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1 upper bearing install problems

So I am replacing my upper driveshaft bearings. Simple enough. Pull old bearings off. Put new bearings on. Problem is when I start to tighten down the large aluminum nut it puts too much pressure on my bearing assembly and I can't even turn the driveshaft. Loosten the nut up so its barley tight and turns free. Am I missing something? This should be very straight forward and I'm going nuts with it.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

When you installed the new upper Pinion bearings did you set the rolling torque correctly and install everything in the correct order.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Registered

Everything is in order. It appears my first bearing (Closest to gear) is not sitting completely in the race. I'm going to get some pictures together.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 253
When you installed the new upper Pinion bearings did you set the rolling torque correctly and install everything in the correct order.
253 is correct. You tighten the nut, while checking the rolling torque with an inch/pound torque wrench...
Old 06-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Registered

Found problem! When I opened the packages the bearings and races were packaged together so I assumed each bearing and race were a match since they were in the same box. Well long story short the races were in the right place but my bearings were swapped around. I thought it looked funny. 😒