IMCO SCX vs Arneson >

IMCO SCX vs Arneson

Notices

IMCO SCX vs Arneson

Old 09-25-2019, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMCO SCX vs Arneson

Have done a ton of research and yes I know there are other threads on this, but could not find anything relatively recent.

Have a Donzi 38 ZX running 525s that we are going to be putting whipples on this offseason. Am strongly debating between going with Arneson drives vs. IMCO SCX drives. Will be running somewhere in the 800-850HP range.

Looking for feedback, positive and negative, with first hand experiences with both drive solutions.

Last edited by PantyDropper; 09-25-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Dont say the A word around here........personally Id run the SCX's, Im in the same HP range as you will be.........Im doing this in the off season, good luck
Old 09-25-2019, 02:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Dont say the A word around here........personally Id run the SCX's, Im in the same HP range as you will be.........Im doing this in the off season, good luck
I haven't seen any first hand bad experiences with the "A" word -- are there people having issues with them and what specifically?
Old 09-25-2019, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

sent you a pm PD
Old 09-25-2019, 02:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
sent you a pm PD
Got it thanks. Just had a read through a recent thread :

Sadly enough this build has been cancelled. Rik from Arneson simply cannot get me the parts and every single communication from almost the last year has been a lie. My boat went down for the conversion last July and I was promised parts in NOV originally, then DEC, then Jan, etc etc. I was planning on using my boat all winter in FL and had several family vacations cancelled because of this debacle which quite honestly is more valuable to me then the 10's of thousands I've lost here. In this past spring, facing losing my whole summer and zero faith in Rik to deliver the parts due to all of the broken promises I cancelled the build. The boat had just been sitting there waiting with a new transom, fresh painted bilge, etc etc for a LONG time collecting dust. Two months or so ago I asked Rik for my $$ back due to all of the broken promises. I gave him a few months grace (due to our friendship of the last ten years) and now I'm sitting here with broken promises on the return of the money as well. He left both myself and all the great vendors I worked with in the lurch. I would like to kindly ask anyone reading this if you know of an attorney that may be able to help me please PM me. My hope is this post encourages Rik to do the right thing though I fear it may not and I'll have to resort to legal action. I gave Rik a 40k deposit and haven't gotten a penny back. I'm not bad mouthing him here, just stating the facts. Please let this also serve as a warning if you are looking to do business with Arneson. This is not the way to treat a customer Arneson has had a relationship with for 10 years that has bought drives in the past.

Rik if you read this do the right thing here and please give me my money back. I don't deserve this crap after all that you've put me through. I feel outright taken advantage of. You need to make this right.

Regards Chris Nagy
Always two sides to every story but a lack of response on here sounds pretty bad.

Open to hear other's more recent experiences with the Arnesons and IMCO SCXs.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:24 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Guy on another forum went thru same thing with Arnesons past year, when he showed up with attorney in person, they got their stuff. I sent info to F-2 awhile back. Maybe he can share it with you via PM, so I don't have to find it again.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Guy on another forum went thru same thing with Arnesons past year, when he showed up with attorney in person, they got their stuff. I sent info to F-2 awhile back. Maybe he can share it with you via PM, so I don't have to find it again.
Thanks SB.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been running the SCX uppers with XR lowers for 3+ seasons now on 46 Black Thunder with SC 540's with no issues (knock on wood). Just went to -2 SC lowers this season and picked up some mph. Was really close to doing the ASD's but set up and installation seemed much more difficult. Still miss a rooster.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PantyDropper
Thanks SB.
If you have any desire to be on the water go SCX. Besides, I like your passengers posting on Instagram and would hate to miss a season of the views. So, for the audience alone, I also encourage the SCXs for that reason! 👍🏻
Old 09-25-2019, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sunny32SSR

If you have any desire to be on the water go SCX. Besides, I like your passengers posting on Instagram and would hate to miss a season of the views. So, for the audience alone, I also encourage the SCXs for that reason! 👍🏻
Lol best response yet!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.