All American drive service >

All American drive service

Notices

All American drive service

Old 07-03-2023, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default All American Drive Service

George rebuilt my VP DPS in 2021 but took all summer and I never got any instructions for break-in and no details about the two year warranty. I have asked and was told they would send the info. Never received it.

Several reviews on Yelp with people shipping a drive there and paying for a rebuild and then nothing.

Did they close? Sell the company? George in hospital?

George had a great reputation going back many years as one of the best companies in the USA to rebuild outdrives. Something happened.

Does anyone have the break-in instructions?
Old 07-03-2023, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Donald0039
George rebuilt my VP DPS in 2021 but took all summer and I never got any instructions for break-in and no details about the two year warranty. I have asked and was told they would send the info. Never received it.

Several reviews on Yelp with people shipping a drive there and paying for a rebuild and then nothing.

George had a great reputation going back many years as one of the best companies in the USA to rebuild outdrives. Something happened.

yes I do have the break in instructions I will try and post it later since I have to change the format. Basically drives are filled with merc high performance drive oil. What George calls blue death apparently. Then avoid holeshots and full throttle. Stay under 3/4 throttle for the first five hours. Full throttle allowed after 5 hours in short runs. Change oil after ten hours. Recommend amsoil drive oil, NOT serve gear though.
The following users liked this post:
Knot 4 Me (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 750 Likes on 403 Posts

George is pretty much on the run from an angry mob of shafted customers.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spending money : FYI, All American Drive Service has officially gone out of business. They sent me a letter last week saying I can go pick up my outdrive. The letter quotes COVID supply chain disruptions and a family emergency as the reasons for the bankruptcy. You probably received the same letter.

(I'm the guy on the Rinker forum who sent them cash and outdrive a couple years ago.)
River Rat 164 (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 01:30 PM
Registered

Default Deposit?

Originally Posted by LaRea
spending money : FYI, All American Drive Service has officially gone out of business. They sent me a letter last week saying I can go pick up my outdrive. The letter quotes COVID supply chain disruptions and a family emergency as the reasons for the bankruptcy. You probably received the same letter.

(I'm the guy on the Rinker forum who sent them cash and outdrive a couple years ago.)
What about deposits?
River Rat 164 (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about deposits?
I assume litigation is the only way to pursue a refund. The letter says the company has no money for return shipping of the unfinished parts.
Old 08-14-2023, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

I assume litigation is the only way to pursue a refund. The letter says the company has no money for return shipping of the unfinished parts.
I understand covid and part disruptions..but no money is inexcusable. poor money and employee management. It wasn’t a demand problem…very unfortunate for customers.
AmiableDave (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 02:38 PM
Registered

They are selling excess inventory of outdrives on EBAY. Money coming in.
Old 08-14-2023, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,053 Likes on 1,358 Posts

And they might be selling drives that dont belong to them, good luck on this one boys
The following 3 users liked this post by F-2 Speedy:
articfriends (08-16-2023), Knot 4 Me (08-15-2023), Panther (08-18-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 04:40 PM
Registered

Default Aads

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
And they might be selling drives that dont belong to them, good luck on this one boys
You can pickup your drive but if it was trucked there then I guess you pay to have it trucked back to you.

I have read some posts about AADS with people not receiving their own drives back or different upper or lower units shipped back or wrong gear ratios shipped back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.