Notices

Audio Upgrades

Old 11-18-2021, 01:26 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 831 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Wow it doesnt even let me view PM's until I have the 10 posts
Good to know that this has taken effect. I had asked IB tech to initiate this a few weeks ago.
it is to prevent scammers from joining and immediately sending PM's to member's wanted ads. It has been an increasing problem.
The following 2 users liked this post by Griff:
Shotgunn (11-18-2021), Wally (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 100 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm going also agree with others that you don't need 2 amps.

In the past I've run up to 4 class A/B amps. They generate a lot of heat, and suck a lot of current , and there are a lot of extra wiring and distribution blocks, fuse blocks needed to use this type of set up. When I bought my Cigarette 39 it had two random junk amps and I replaced them with a single Focal class D amp. It powers 6 JL Audio Mid-range speakers, 6 tweeters, and 2 subs. Sound is every bit as good as when I was using very large and expensive JL Audio slash amps. PLUS my batteries last a lot longer. Find a nice quality 5/6 channel amp with the power you need and you will be happy. I'm using the Focal FDP 6.900 and am very happy with it.