Audio Upgrades >

Audio Upgrades

Notices

Audio Upgrades

Old 01-12-2022, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
That looks great Brad, I agree even with the JL's being an infinite baffle subwoofer you cannot beat the performance of a sub with a full enclosure. I do like the idea of using the bazooka tube setup and i'm thinking I would have enough room to get away with that in my side pockets aswell.
Snakehorse,

If you decide to go that route, don't get carried away. One 8" is P-L-E-N-T-Y. I've got mine turned down to about 1.5-2 on the volume, and (I think) -6dB bass in the head unit, and, along with four 6.5 3-way rounds, it sounds awesome while we're swimming, and will run you out of the cockpit at full volume. It's a powered sub tube, so no need for high current speaker wires or separate amp; just RCAs. It shakes and thumps the hull, but nothing rattles, because it's not contained.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
The following users liked this post:
[email protected] (01-12-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just trying to get to 10 posts to post pictures .
The following users liked this post:
[email protected] (01-20-2022)
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just installed an entire JL system in my boat.

6 - M6 7.7's
1 - M6 10" sub
1- M600/6 amp
1- M600/1 sub amp

The system sounds amazing other than the bass. 1 10" open air sub is not nearly enough. I already want to re-glass under my rear bench and add 1 or 2 more subs.
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by c0ncEpT View Post
I just installed an entire JL system in my boat.

6 - M6 7.7's
1 - M6 10" sub
1- M600/6 amp
1- M600/1 sub amp

The system sounds amazing other than the bass. 1 10" open air sub is not nearly enough. I already want to re-glass under my rear bench and add 1 or 2 more subs.
Concept,

Id seriously suggest Bazooka tubes. Id venture to say that a single 10 powered tube would be more than enough. If it isnt, two will be.

As I said, I have a single 8, which is the lower power option they offer (they have a 100W and a 300W, I think), Ive only got it at about 1.5-2 on the output volume, and the bass set at (I think) -6dB in the head unit, and its absolutely plenty.

Thanks. Brad
(947)545-8991