She Has Landed!

Notices

She Has Landed!

Old 09-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: She Has Landed!

all are great boats. im a v guy but the elim is a great noat. i love the 28. hitting a 100 with 496 hos. that type of boat will last forever. just wish i could afford the insurance. good luck to you guys
Old 09-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MikaylaHunterCig
I also have an 06 28 ICC w/ 496 Mag HO power. I am seeing 96 mph with 30p bravo props & 1" shorty IMCO lowers.

I have been told the boat has ran 104 so i am trying...

Dave

BTW- What canopies do you have and how is the visibility ?
I didn't ask for anything special on the canopies - so I assume I just go the stock ones.

Visibility - well I do feel a bit like a Walleye - but I am starting to get used to it. It's either that or walk around with bugs in my teeth...

I was thinking, if I could have rigged this 28 as a coupe (like the 36), how interesting that might be. Would the visibility be good enough in that kind of scenerio -and how would it effect the lines - because these lines right now, are hot....

It's funny, I live in Rochester NY, there hasn't been an Eliminator dealer in this area in a very long time, so mine is really one of the first in the area (there was another 33 around here for a while last summer, but haven't seen it much)...this beast stops traffic. I had people stopping and taking pictures at the gas pumps on Monday evening. Then on my way out to the lake I had 2 different groups speed up through the channel so they could pull along side and take pix with their camera phones...I had no idea it was going to make this kind of ruckus.

The only thing I need to get worked out is: 1. Breaking the 100 mark, and getting this thing on plane in 3 footers - I was out yesterday in 3 footers and it took me 10 mins to finally get it up on plane - once I was there, I had a ball.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Registered

Are you 496 guys running 1.5 ratio or 1.35 with the 30" props? I have 1.5's and I'm considering a 32" prop.

You'd be surprised on ins with the 496's- you might have to call a dozen places before you get the smile on your face, but reasonable ins is there assuming you as a driver have not triggered the alarms
Old 09-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by grads2112
I also have a 2006 28' Daytona except mine has 525's in it. I don't know how much speed I am losing off of the top end by using 5 blades because I can't even get mine up on plane with 4 blades, probably because of the high X-dimension. With 2 people in the boat with 4 blades and the tab down all the way I just kept blowing out the props. I tried for a good half hour to get that thing on plane. With the 5 blades and 6 people, full gear, full tanks of gas the boat launches up on plane no problem. Top speed to date with the 5 blades is 112 m.p.h. Here's a few pics of mine.
Wholly smokes!!! Those pix are great. The one where you are airborne is sick!! How fast were you going and what were the seas like for that picture?
Old 09-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What sea conditions? Grad2112 does not have any idea how to answer that question. His 28 is strictly a lake boat with smooth water only. The only time that boat sees anything rough is over speed bumps towing to the lake. It is however a great running boat, someday maybe he will play with the big boys and run somewhere other than flat lakes and let it fly. Great boat guys. Doug
Old 09-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Wholly smokes!!! Those pix are great. The one where you are airborne is sick!! How fast were you going and what were the seas like for that picture?
The picture that you think he is airborne is not, he is actually just sitting in shallow water. His shadow is on the bottom of the lake, Tahoe, that is. Yes, the pictures are VERY good.

Sam
Old 09-20-2006, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Awsome 28 AJ! 28 or 30 will be my next boat.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
The picture that you think he is airborne is not, he is actually just sitting in shallow water. His shadow is on the bottom of the lake, Tahoe, that is. Yes, the pictures are VERY good.

Sam
Ahhh! Too funny. I was out in 3 footers yesterday on Lake Ontario got into the 50's and was having a ball. Unfortunately my first mate (wife) wasn't having as much fun as I was.

The only real challenge for me was trying get back up on plane while heading into the seas - what a challenge that was.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf

Sam
The water isn't as shallow as it looks. That picture was taken in about 30'+ of water. It's just very clear water.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by grads2112
The water isn't as shallow as it looks. That picture was taken in about 30'+ of water. It's just very clear water.
I had to do a double take when I saw that pic! Beautiful water! Looks like our Torch Lake. Beautiful boat too!

Quick Reply: She Has Landed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.