Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
26 daytona owners >

26 daytona owners

Notices

26 daytona owners

Old 04-17-2002, 11:15 PM
Sec Agent Man

Turbojack, get rid of all the power valves and install blanks in their place. Install 78's in primaries, 85-86's in secondaries. Being you have blow thru type system the 8.5 power valves are enriching the system. I know it's hard to understand when motor is too rich, it will charge hard to x-amount of rpm and then fall off. 1). Take and run the boat with the 78's in it for 5-10 minutes, take plug reading, don't just check one, check them all. If plugs are black, change them all. Also a sooted plug will change the performance. 2). Run the boat again, this time increase your rpm to 5,000, do that a couple of times, feel how it charges. Take plug reading again, all 8 not just one. I know this is a timely process and I hope while you are trying to do this, you are using premium fuel. Something else you may want to try, is adding a little Cam-2 to your fuel 110 octane and this will prevent detination and give a little color on plugs. Give this a try and I think this will put you close to the ballpark. Have you talked to Nickerson recently? If not, you may want to.

Good luck, be patient!

SAM

Old 04-18-2002, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting a probe

TJ- Room may be tight on the CMI's- may ask Dustin hom he does it on his 500 kits. You would need to tig weld a stainless 1/4" pipe bung onto the header- Best to check with Dustin or someone who's installed his HP500efi kit. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2002, 04:30 PM
meyer

UT : Hey how are the sons doing.

Old 04-26-2002, 10:58 AM
Registered

Update - Getting Closer

Ran boat last weekend same jetting as before. Still rich. Had pressure gauge in box on top of carbs & 1 below carbs (dash boost gauge) While crusing at 2400 rpms (32-35MPH) had 5" vac in manifold & 2 lbs in box. Did plug check at this speed & running rich but think that 8.5 powervalve was open Ran full open & motor only ran up to 4K & stayed there. Only 4.5 lbs of boost in box & 4 in maifold. Check plugs & very rich. I was concerned I only had 4lbs of boost. Put motor in neutral & ran motor up to 5K. Guage only showed about 9 lbs in box. This was first guess I had wrong pulley. Called procharger monday & tech guy's idea for fix was to put on smaller prop & I told him I though I was going to have to put a bigger prop on once I got this monstor dialed in. I told him I though the pulley was 2 small & test I did. After much heated debate he decided I needed 5" pulley instead of 5.5" Tech guy also told me I need to have jetting at 68 primary, 4.5 PV & 80 secondarys. Answer I got when I asked "Why procharger did not tell me this before?" was they showed I had never asked before? Only had called twice & given same wrong infor both times. Jetting is close to where I am now 70 primary, 8.5 PV & 83 secondarys. (I still think I need bigger PV so will get more fuel earlier in game)

I decided not to change any jetting until after tring with the smaller pulley.

Hope to go & test again tommorrow
Old 04-29-2002, 10:57 AM
Uncle Toys

Hey meyer, good to see your stilling lurking around. Sorry to take so long to reply but we’ve been at the lake for the poker run. Was hoping to trailer the boys to the Doctors when we left Sunday, but I didn’t get the call that the lungs were ready. So I am sitting on the pin for now. With 11 days till the Regatta, it’s going to get tight. TYPICAL!

Saturday we ran across the lake towards station 2 of the poker run with another 26’ Daytona. Side by side at 75 mph skipping across the chop created by the big dogs. Man, that’s was such a sight!

Old 04-29-2002, 04:59 PM
Registered

UT
What motor & drives did that other 26 have in it?
Old 04-30-2002, 12:03 PM
Uncle Toys

TJ - If I remember correctly, he has stock HP500 and Bravo One, so now that I think about it, he was probably WOT.

Old 05-05-2002, 08:49 PM
Registered

Got motor problem worked out, was a bad MSD digital 6 box. Put an old MSD 6 box on & got 104 @ 5600. RPM's were still climbing but I chickened out because I did not have rev control on this MSD box & was afraid if drive let loose might take motor with it. Next time out is going to be Memorial weekend so will let it all hang out & try bigger props.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:27 AM
meyer

Turbojack and UT : How are your boats running. UT are the sons done yet. ME still not in the water yet. Western New York wet and cold spring, plus PRI doesn't have my boat done yet

Old 05-16-2002, 11:34 AM
meyer

RON: Did you get in the water last Sat. IF so how did run. Any more mph out of that lab-finished Bravo one.

Quick Reply: 26 daytona owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.