Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
26 daytona owners >

26 daytona owners

Notices

26 daytona owners

Old 08-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meyer- I am going to guess that the top of the outdrive is 2" below the rubrail. That would put your drive I think 5.75" below the flat part of the center pad. If I remember correctly Eliminator tried the first boat at 4.75" below & did not work. I have a standoff box & that is where mine in mounted. The problem I have is I have a BIG bowrider area adding a lot of weight to front of boat.

If you ran that now just wait a month or 2, should gain another couple of MPH's
Old 08-22-2002, 03:38 PM
WALKIN THE DOG

Default M-4 SET UP

HEY GUYS,

BOUGHT A 26 DAYTONA FROM PRI IN SEPTEMBER 01. LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK. HAVE A 509, DART AL. HEADS, HYDRAULIC ROLLER, BRODIX INTAKE, AND 1000 CFM DEMON. BOAT RUNS 89 EVERYDAY WITH A BEST OF 92 GPS IN MAY. JUST BOUGHT A M-4 CHARGER AND AM LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK. I HAVE A 1.50 GEAR NOW AND AM CHANGING TO 1.36. GONNA RUN 5 LBS OF BOOST EVERYDAY AND 8 LBS. WHEN PLAYING. ANYONE HAVE ANY STARTING POINTS FOR SET-UP?TALKED TO MACH PERFORMANCE THEY SUGGESTED 6.5 POWER VALVES AND HAVE RUN 86'S UP FRONT AND 155'S??? IN THE REAR ON A STOCK HP500 W/ 10LBS. BOOST. NEVER HEARD OF 155'S?? THEY SAID THEY WERE ALCOHOL JETS. THEY ALLSO SAID I HAVE TO RUN THE FLAME ARRESTOR THAT COMES WITH THE CHARGER INSIDE THE CARB BOX. HAVE TO LOCK THE TIMING @28 DEGREES. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANKS

Old 08-23-2002, 07:28 AM
Registered

WTD- Are you going single carb or dual as in the stageV? If using twin carbs both I & jspeedemon have posted our jetting trials. As far as timing I have mine locked in at 30.

Also, please do away with the all caps.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:37 AM
WALKIN THE DOG

Turbojack-Thanks for he quick response. I am going with a single carb, using my 1000 demon. My compression is 9:3 to 1, that why Mach Performance suggested locking the distributor @ 28 instead of 30. They were worried about detonation if the weather got hot, it's 105 degrees today with the heat index. I'll probably run it at 30 degrees with the 8 lb pulley and some good gas. Ever heard of using airplane fuel mixed w/ tranny fluid? Talked to Jerry May @ Eliminator and he said thats all they run out there. I'm thinking more on the lines of VP 116. My m-4 system has the 504 intercooler, #10 fuel lines(feed & return) and a Aeromotive fuel pump & regulator. I am taking the motor to have it dynoed with the system but have no idea where to start jetting etc. The dyno has the wet exhaust set up with the pyrometers and the air/fuel monitor. What kind of exhaust temp. am I looking for. Heard anywhere from 1200 to 1300 degrees. Will it really run alot leaner in the boat than on the dyno?

Old 08-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Registered

Hope you have better luck with single carb that I did. I had a single holley 1000cfm carb on my turbo motor & could never get it jetted correctly. I guess start with what you heard on jetting.

If I remember correctlyl when Tomcat & I were having discussion on jetting he said the reason he thougt procharger used 2 carbs
was could not get enough fuel to engine if only using one.

I agree with the 28 degree timming since you are running 9.3

As far fuel being lean or not between dyno & boat, I think you can get close on dyno & then recheck in boat.

On fuel, do a search on avgas. Was a long thread on gas. I know some people say put oil in the gas but I just feel that that is defeating the high octane gas as far as detonation goes. (Detonation is your engine builders best friend, & your worse)

What is your X-dim? Easiest way for us to compare is measure between the top of outdrive bracket attached to transom & bottom of rub rail
Old 08-23-2002, 12:55 PM
WALKIN THE DOG

Turbojack- My X- dimesion is 2 " between the drive and the rub rail. I thought about putting a shorty on the drive but was talked out of it by Jerry @ Eliminator. He said that they have had more success with a 1" shorty than a 2". For what power I have in the boat, to be running the speeds it does, he said he wouldn't change anything until I put some more power to it. What kind of exhaust temp. do you run? I'm hoping fuel delivery won't be a problem, my motor isn't anything outrageous. I only plan on running 5lbs. of boost everyday. Hoping for some decent gains @ 5lbs. 10-15 mph??

Thanks for the help, if you know anyone out there thats running similar combos, let me know.

Old 08-26-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

On exhaust temps I do not have pyros on motor so do not have clue to answer to that question.

At boat race this weekend they had a 26' on display with 500hp & X was about 3" below rub rail so I would say yours is pretty high.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:00 AM
Registered

Default 26 Daytona owner---finally

Alright guys---I guess I can check in now that we've had our 26 Daytona on the water. It's an '01 with a 575SCi/XR. Went to the TN river yesterday (40's at launch maybe low 50's during the day) these canopies are nice! Absolutely love the boat----but it's on the limiter (cutting out around 5250-5300) at WOT with a labbed Bravo 32, 90 gallons of fuel, full cooler, two people, etc with glass conditions. Should I try to have this prop worked for about 100 rpm or try something else? No GPS or radar yet. It was cold, so next spring/summer maybe it won't hit the limiter with the heat---but it'd be nice to address the prop in the winter instead of being down for a while later during season.
Another thing, I love loud boats but this thing will probably have the law after me quick----it is LOUD! Anyone being forced to address this situation yet? I don't want to change anything unless I have to. Any thoughts?
Love this boat!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

CC.........Two things.

1) Can you send an e-mail to [email protected]. Friend of mine is looking to compare notes. (he lives in the same town as you).

2) If you want to borrow a handheld GPS you're more than welcome to take mine for a while. In-fact, I plan on being out to Lanier next weekend if you were gonna run it, in above freezing temps

Bob
Old 12-11-2002, 06:28 AM
Registered

New Powerboat has a 26 test. Boy do I have a long way to go. I know my motor is down about 250 hp from the one they tested & I have a big bowrider that is costing me MPH but 119 in 107 degree heat. I wonder how much HP/MPH I am losing with the humidy being 10% verse our 60-80%. Getting new heads this friday, Maybe before end of year will get to try them out.