Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Excalibur
Exterior paint on Das Boat is done.  Engine bay clean up now... >

Exterior paint on Das Boat is done. Engine bay clean up now...

Like Tree6Likes

Exterior paint on Das Boat is done. Engine bay clean up now...

Old 04-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boat: 27 ZR

Can't stop and pray for lightning now, it might miss by 20 feet and hit your house!!
Resto threads all have ups and downs, and you'll always get encouragement here from people who know and care about boats. I'm sure you weren't planning on a fairytale.......

"Once upon a time, a man painted his boat and with his fortune intact, he lived happily ever after"

Take a short break then back to work, in cases like this, the end does justify the means.

RR

​​​​​​​
Old 04-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua View Post
Can't stop and pray for lightning now, it might miss by 20 feet and hit your house!!
Resto threads all have ups and downs, and you'll always get encouragement here from people who know and care about boats. I'm sure you weren't planning on a fairytale.......

"Once upon a time, a man painted his boat and with his fortune intact, he lived happily ever after"

Take a short break then back to work, in cases like this, the end does justify the means.

RR

​​​​​​​
4 years of resto and I'm burnt out. Almost done. Gonna do the test run, check everything, and then unload it.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:23 PM
Registered

So how is it coming Barnacle ? These boats are always like this. Many ups and downs but I always feel like it is worth it when ur out cruising in the sun. Don't feel too bad it could be snowing, like it is here in Ohio !!!!!
Old 04-24-2018, 12:36 PM
Registered

It's coming along. engines are done and new deck furniture will be mounted soon after i put in new carpeting. I also took the old wood/padding off of the bulkheads and will put matching carpet along those. So far, I think I've removed about 700+lbs of weight out of the deck area by removing all the old stuff.

i also just picked up two 4-blade stainless 23" 23 pitch props for $200 and will see how they do compared to the 23" 23 pitch 3-blades i have on it now. I'm guessing better hull shot with lower top end?
Old 05-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Registered

Well, looks like i will be sitting a month longer than expected. The rental property i own in TX just had the AC unit die and I have to fix it or renters get to break lease. Uggh.... I hope it's just a blower motor and not the compressor.