Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Boat Wax, 1 coat per year??? >

Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Notices

Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Old 04-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i must have done something wrong i used the oxidatio remover then waited 24 hours for the wax but i feel that the shien was very little. did i do something wrong, i follwed the instructions and what you have just posted but feel like i didn't get the shine i was looking for. please help!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Registered

also i still have some very lite scatches that did't come out .
Old 04-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered

Sure no problem K. Let's start with what type of buffer and pad did you use, speeds? Are the scratches deep enough that some light wetsanding might be needed? And how heavy was the Oxidation?

Donnie
Old 04-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Registered

very little oxidation and the scratches were very minor and i used a varible speed buffer from harbor freight that you recommened with the pad from you. as far as th scratches they were very light surface.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

I usually can remove light scratches and light oxidation is no problem. Can you please pm me your number. Phone tends to be a little quicker and more specific.

Donnie
Old 04-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

as a loose rule if you can drag your thumbnail across the scratch, and feel it catch in any, way you will need to do some light sanding. If not than you should be able to get it with just buffing.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
as a loose rule if you can drag your thumbnail across the scratch, and feel it catch in any, way you will need to do some light sanding. If not than you should be able to get it with just buffing.
See, look at you Dave.

US got in touch and told me he decided to take it to a shop. I gave him your info about you blending, but he might be a few states over.

Donnie
Old 04-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered

I figured the phone might be quicker, but I'll post a few quick items about Baja.

I've been helping on their forum for a few months and it's been going great except for a few. Some guys from the factory had made a previous post about what they've been using over the years. They were using a heavy cut and having allot of problems with fading and oxidation within the first year of the new boats coming out of the factory. All of the 3M guys were brought in to figure out what was going on and they found the problem. Baja was using Car waxing products on all their new boats, so they were adding all the chemicals you don't want to use on fiberglass from the beginning. As of last year Baja had fixed the problem, but it's been going on for many years prior.

Could this be the problem K. Frankly I don't know, but if it is then you have seven years of this mess on your hands. I thought the phone call might make this quicker, but I will do whatever I can to help and get you where you want to be. I will even give you a refund and still help you with everything you need because it might require more work than what was expected.

Donnie
Old 04-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered

donnie, thanks for the call, i have spoken with justin and he will be doing my h.b. and baja next week. i told him that you and i have spoken and he was more than ready to take the job on and get it right. as i told you i would rather be boating on the weekends and not cleaning, so this should do the job. thanks for your help and again you are a class act.kevin
Old 04-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marineclean
My customers tend to stay away from Petroleum Distillates and Turpentine. I do appreciate your effort though, but OSO members tend to educate themselves. So please, by all means, go troll on someone elses Forum where you came from.
lighten up frances , race glaze is a great, easy to use product, i'm not saying yours isn't. anyone ever try it?

Quick Reply: Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.