Pearl white on a topgun? >

Pearl white on a topgun?

Notices

Pearl white on a topgun?

Old 11-30-2018, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster

Thats excellent advice. Mix up a vat of paint and reducer and add the catalyst as needed. The same paint even when mixed perfectly can vary from batch to batch.
If its a base clear system most don't use catalyst in the base coat. As long as its sealed good they have long self life. It what I use since I spray so many small things and airbrush, I'll mix up what I need so all I have to do is pour it in.

Saves time.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Planning on pearl white on mine...trying to find a pearl black that doesn't look like its dirty.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pearl black sounds interesting. Keep updated.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironmanwb
Planning on pearl white on mine...trying to find a pearl black that doesn't look like its dirty.

I run a Body shop , the Blacks today have some pearl or a taste of a metallic and thats it. I't not like a White pearl where additional layers give it that iridescent look.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

As for painting it a Pearl White , I will say that you will require several coats at least 12 passes to get that "look" you want to see. You can not build up layers fast, putting on the pearl coat "wet" will not yield the "look" .

PM me if you want will send you my phone number and tell you options.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Registered

House of Kolors has a interesting pearl black I have used before, from a distance it almost looks like a gun metal dark grey.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Open72
I run a Body shop , the Blacks today have some pearl or a taste of a metallic and thats it. I't not like a White pearl where additional layers give it that iridescent look.
Yes I stand corrected ... I just want a metallic black that doesn't look like it has specks of dirt in it. I may just go extremely dark grey with a flake. Do they make a black metallic with black flake? Sorry to for the high jack.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I have a 2014 Cadillac that is black pearl. I personally love the color. Any time that I have anything painted, I look at the Cadillac colors first.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Registered

Yes I stand corrected ... I just want a metallic black that doesn't look like it has specks of dirt in it. I may just go extremely dark grey with a flake. Do they make a black metallic with black flake? Sorry to for the high jack.
You want flakes?

https://didspade.com/
Old 12-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Open72
As for painting it a Pearl White , I will say that you will require several coats at least 12 passes to get that "look" you want to see. You can not build up layers fast, putting on the pearl coat "wet" will not yield the "look" .

PM me if you want will send you my phone number and tell you options.
I plan on painting some pearl white on a moto soon and have never done pearl before. Are you saying to fog over it in dry coats to get the pearl effect?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.