Notices
Formula

project ......

Old 04-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: project ......

Originally Posted by 357sr1man
Mike....Looks like your having a blast doing it At least you now know more about the boat, you won't want to sell it to your buddy and then if you get another formula you may go through the same issues again.Lookin good
Hey Bob ... I tried to email you last week and it bounced back. Guess what boat I saw just up the creek from us at the local watering hole .... yup your 357 .. I was thinking maybe he had sold it ... I looked for the owner but didnt see him ...So I figured he sold it ... But then I saw it yesterday in Boat Trader and the ad was placed on 4/1 ....So I am not sure ....but that boat looked real sweet tied up there....it has tons of potential ... I noticed the steering wheel tilts way up ...makes it nice for cruisin .... Huge Dash .... just beggin to upgrade gauges ....m
Old 04-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya Mike I know it would love some blowers on top, Just waiting for the property to sell.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Registered

Ya Mike I know it would love some blowers on top, Just waiting for the property to sell.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Registered

Mike...... I left a message and a email to see if he still has it but no responds,
Old 04-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am just completing the same project on my 89 272SR1, I removed the engines last Sunday evening and finished glassing everything back in last night.

I went a slightly different route, cut everything out completely and made templates. I used nidacore for the bulkhead but went back with marine ply for the stringers. I doubled up on the thickness for the outside stringers and went with 1 less layer of ply for the center stringer.

I plan to secure all the hoses and wiring over the next day or two and re-install the motors on Friday, I need to get it all ready for our poker run on Monday.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by CayFomula
I am just completing the same project on my 89 272SR1, I removed the engines last Sunday evening and finished glassing everything back in last night.

I went a slightly different route, cut everything out completely and made templates. I used nidacore for the bulkhead but went back with marine ply for the stringers. I doubled up on the thickness for the outside stringers and went with 1 less layer of ply for the center stringer.

I plan to secure all the hoses and wiring over the next day or two and re-install the motors on Friday, I need to get it all ready for our poker run on Monday.
any pictures of your project? looks like you are doing this job fast!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:44 PM
Registered

Yeah, I had been putting it off for a while but decided if I am going to do the run I had to repair it. Here are some photos of before, you can see I have cracks in the fiberglass bulkhead and the left stringer at the end of the mount bracket:
Attached Thumbnails project ......-boat-repair-project-007-low-res.jpg   project ......-boat-repair-project-008-low-res.jpg   project ......-boat-repair-project-009-low-res.jpg  

Old 04-10-2006, 04:34 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CayFomula
Yeah, I had been putting it off for a while but decided if I am going to do the run I had to repair it. Here are some photos of before, you can see I have cracks in the fiberglass bulkhead and the left stringer at the end of the mount bracket:
How much Rot did you have ? pretty much the whole bulkhead was gone on mine and then about 10-18" of the stringers from the bulhead .... The wood was actually wet further back but no Rot ......m
Old 04-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered

The bulkhead was the worst on mine but the real culprit on mine was the fiberglass that holds the center stringer to the hull had let go around the drain pipes that run the lenght of it on the right side. I did have some rot in the center stringer, guess it would have lasted for a while but didn't want to do this multiple times. Here are some photos with the bulkhead and outer stringers glassed in, the center stringer is was just being fitted.

You will notice that I didn't do the cutout for the bilge pump, I decided I will mount it to one side. Also I didn't do the channel under the center stringer and pipes on either side, I just cut the ridges back enought that water can flow down along the sides of the stringer.
Attached Thumbnails project ......-boat-project-002-low-res.jpg   project ......-boat-project-003-low-res.jpg   project ......-boat-project-004-low-res.jpg  

Old 04-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Registered

This is what it looks like partially painted (ran out).
Attached Thumbnails project ......-boat-project-005-copy.jpg   project ......-boat-project-006-copy.jpg   project ......-boat-project-007-copy.jpg  

Quick Reply: project ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.