What is this? >

What is this?

Notices
Formula

What is this?

Old 04-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do know the guy on the phone said they started to redo the inside but never was finished.

Thanks again

Mike
Old 04-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Look at the 3 color side panels behind the bolsters,I seem to remember CC using these. No padding,just vinyl over hard angled blocks,Formula never did that. Interesting thread going on here.
Photo from the Chris Craft Forum. '85 39 Stinger.
Attached Thumbnails What is this?-stinger9.jpg   What is this?-stinger7.jpg  
Old 04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Nailed! You figured it out
Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Registered

i looked the vin# up on boat history and it is a cc 42' with a 15' beam the name of the boat is stinger gross weight is 14 ton drafts 4' home port is Ft wayne In. every thing checks out on the boat
Old 04-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ext2gtx
i looked the vin# up on boat history and it is a cc 42' with a 15' beam the name of the boat is stinger gross weight is 14 ton drafts 4' home port is Ft wayne In. every thing checks out on the boat
I did the same thing and got the same info. I do not think some of the info is right. I know when I go to the DMV they hardly know what a boat is or anything about them
Old 04-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Photo from the Chris Craft Forum. '85 39 Stinger.
So does that mean a new windshield sat back farther and new dash. It could be painted metal I dont know yet. I could see a few changes that would not be that hard to do!

Thanks for the research

Mike
Old 04-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Registered

Well if for sure does not have a 15` beam and I do not think it weights 14 ton. Someone has put a vin# on this hodgepodge and is trying to sell it as a Chris Craft Stinger. The interior of the cockpit is all C/C and down in the cabin sez C/C. To be honest this thing is spooky. Looking out of the cockpit over the nose it looks like a Wellcraft as fast as the nose drops off. What a Mess!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3
So does that mean a new windshield sat back farther and new dash. It could be painted metal I dont know yet. I could see a few changes that would not be that hard to do!

Thanks for the research

Mike
The curved windsheild actually extends further forward. That is why the center ridge down the foredeck is notched allowing the windsheild to mount flush onto the deck. The foredeck aft of the windsheild then becomes part of the dash, making the dash deeper. That is why the CC guys think the dash looks so different.

Have heard Stingers had a major problem with rotted stringers. I would have a very extensive structural survey done on this boat if you are still considering buying it.

Maybe you should look around at some used Formulas instead.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedDog382
The curved windsheild actually extends further forward. That is why the center ridge down the foredeck is notched allowing the windsheild to mount flush onto the deck. The foredeck aft of the windsheild then becomes part of the dash, making the dash deeper. That is why the CC guys think the dash looks so different.

Have heard Stingers had a major problem with rotted stringers. I would have a very extensive structural survey done on this boat if you are still considering buying it.

Maybe you should look around at some used Formulas instead.
WHAT HE SAID!!! RUN FOREST RUN THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOMETHING BETTER AROUND THE CORNER!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Registered

I am looking for something 38' $25,000 to $35,000

I am not afraid of alittle elbow grease. And I do have a line on motors. But that just add's for money

Thanks

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.