First Run ....Not So Good >

First Run ....Not So Good

Notices
Formula

First Run ....Not So Good

Old 09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear the news of the first run. Be anxious to hear what you find. Good luck.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loss of rpm's and grinding noises are never good. If it was knocking too...well, I'd start at the bottom end and work my way up. RPM loss is usually something starting to seize up, like a main or a rod bearing. Good Luck with it. Lots of help here for you!

Dave
Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to here about your bad day. Hope it's not to costly. Propwash.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeremy i am sorry to here this, thios worrys me too going foward we both sold perfectly good boats and venture into the great wide open, let us no what the results are
Old 09-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope all goes well, many of us have been there and it`s not fun stay positive and have one of these
Old 09-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Car Biz
The original motors were replaced with these motors in 1997. as far as i could tell with the numbers of the survey and buy looking at the carbs which have the 330 tag on them. As far as the drives the Kaama brochure says the trannys should handle at least 500 hp after that there was no warranty issued by twin disc. What happened is the the motor started losing rpm and started clattering really bad so i shut it down. The oil pressure was 30 and the temp was 170 when the noises started. it sill will turn over slowly and makes a bunch noise doing it. I am going to check the oil for water and pull a valve cover to see if i can determine anything there.

Jeremy, did you get into the engines yet? Wishing the best for ya man.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

The Twin Disc trannies are pretty tough. I imagine I'm putting out near 500 horses a side, and the only trouble I had with them is when I blew a transmission cooling hose, lost all the oil, and burned the transmission up. The bad thing is, I had two new transmission cooler hoses that I hadn't installed yet.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well some good new some bad

1. pulled the manifolds and valve covers spun the motor over and everything looks to be in order

2. the rockers and springs look ok none broken.

3. pulled the plugs all look good except for one.

Here is the bad the cylinder that we think is bad the plug is RUSTED SOLID in the head The head bolts are also toast rusted. I am going to finish up pulling a couple things and get them ready to come out.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It'll be interesting to see what more you find out after you pull them and do some tear down.

Good Luck with it.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered

So was there waterin the oil? How about the oil filter? Did you cut it apart and was there metalic substance? Hopefully not catastrophic and just a good refresh will get you back in business. On the brighter side at least you found this before spring and are able to have things fixed for next season. You will also know exactly what you have when this is done. Good Luck man!

Quick Reply: First Run ....Not So Good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.