Notices
Formula

2008 350SS problems

Old 05-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcjo
Thanks,
Sea-Ray was my first choice when I was looking. Then my neighbor told me about the Formula boats. One question though:
I was told the axius joystick is to be used only when Docking mode is engaged, is that correct or would the joystick be used without docking mode?
If the merc team is going to be in your area Memorial Day weekend to demo the system it would be a great opportunity for you to go talk to them.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John. Would love to see them.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Great to hear you liked it. When you say it will work out of dock mode - I assumed it would still limit RPMs to a low amount. I'm with you, not sure why you would ever use it out of dock mode.

I read where the sticks need to be in neutral to engage Axius. Is there another buttom or something you need to hit to use Axius? Or do you just put the sticks in neutral and if you move the joy sitck Axius is engaged?
The sticks do need to be in neutral and that is it. Axius is immediately available. At any point that you want to go back to the sticks, you can. It is easy to use.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cmcjo
Thanks John. Would love to see them.
Dates: May 23rd, 24th and 25th
Times: Fri. and Sat. 9-5, Sun. 10-4
Place: MarineMax Somers Point - 600 Bay Avenue - Somers Point, NJ 08244 609-926-0600
Old 05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CMCJO- any update on your boat yet. Is there a name on the back of it. If you purchased the boat from TMC then I'm guessing you had the blue one that was in the water on Friday. I was there majority of the day on Friday, as were the Merc techs. Got to talking with one of the guys about your boat, if that was your boat. They were also working on a new 34PC with the Axius system. Apparently your not the only one experiencing problems. Not that you don't have a right to be upset, but these sort of things happen with new technological advances. It's a computer driven system, there are going to be bugs and whatnot. IPS had issues when they were first introduced as well. It's one thing when they are doing a test model but once things go into production and are being massed produced, a few slip by with problems. They were working on them all day long. I understand your anger but be patience. You're getting a quality boat that you will absolutely love once you finally get her.

Just remember it's not boating if something doesn't go wrong.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered

Just remember it's not boating if something doesn't go wrong.

The above quip made me chuckle and reminesce. Once, I came upon a guy with a brand new cruiser he just got at the Miami show. He was in water up to his chest at the dock repairing something below water. I offered consolation that I was sorry for him having troubles with a brand new boat. Without missing a beat, he retorted, 'ah, my friend, if you got a boat, you got problems'. Funny, in a pathologic sorta' way. Like moths drawn to a flame.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Registered

Hi all. Yes I finally got my 350SS and I do love it. I have had it about 3 weeks or so and all has been good.

This boat with the 496 HO motors really moves man.

The Axius system really does work. Of course you have to compensate for the wind which is always pushing you around but for newbie boaters like me, it makes for saving your boat from damage when docking.

I even backed it into a small dock area at my cousins house on the open bay with heavy winds and currents without any problems. And this is from a first time boater here!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great to hear all is working out well!!! Enjoy the new boat!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Keep us posted. And let me know when you decide to sell her because I want it