Axius. Anyone have it?

Notices
Formula

Axius. Anyone have it?

Old 06-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I've had full hydraulic steering boats for about 10 years before this boat, so I am probably a bad judge of the feel. I did not have any issues with the feel for the steering on this boat, felt like a typical hydraulic steering boat. I did drive a non axius 350 and it felt more like the old power steering assisted cable driven boats I used to own years ago. I am not saying one feel is better or worse than the other, just saying they feel different.

So far so good - we will see when we get the new software upgrades. I boat on LOTO so will likely rarely use the auto pilot pad. So deactivation of it does not bother me much.

Have you had any more glitchy behaviors with your axius since you got the new version of the software?
I thought the steering had a very light feel to it.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you had any more glitchy behaviors with your axius since you got the new version of the software?
No glitches other than last week with the drive turning for no reason.
I think they will get it fixed tommorow so we will see..
Old 06-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I thought the steering had a very light feel to it.
My cousin bought another 350SS without Axius and his steering is very tight and responsive. No chance of using your pinky finger with no resistance like my axius 350ss. My Axius steering wheel takes alot of turning before you feel the boat turning.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

A question about steering. WithOUT the axius, the steering is "tight but responsive". Is there not an option for 'power steering' when ordering these motors/boats, i.e., something that would give a good response feel but, have the ease of turning, akin to that of power steering in an automobile?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcjo
My cousin bought another 350SS without Axius and his steering is very tight and responsive. No chance of using your pinky finger with no resistance like my axius 350ss. My Axius steering wheel takes alot of turning before you feel the boat turning.
I don't have the problem of no response. Turn the wheel and it turns. Maybe mine is more like your cousins.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DOCS OUT
A question about steering. WithOUT the axius, the steering is "tight but responsive". Is there not an option for 'power steering' when ordering these motors/boats, i.e., something that would give a good response feel but, have the ease of turning, akin to that of power steering in an automobile?
Like I said, no problems with mine. I felt it turned similar to my F4 with full hydraulic steering. But then again hydraulic steering boats lose a bit of the "feel" compared to non hydraulic steering boats - IMO....
Old 06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cmcjo
No glitches other than last week with the drive turning for no reason.
I think they will get it fixed tommorow so we will see..
Good luck, hope they get it fixed this week. It looked wierd - almost like that drive hit something submerged. The one drawback of Axius I don't like is you no longer can put a draw bar between the drives.....well, and that I like Livorsi shifters and throttles way better than the DTS combined shifter/throttle. With that said, I really like some features of DTS, like docking mode, sync engines and single lever driving. Guess you can't have the best of both worlds.......YET!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

We have just received our first Axius boat and it has not been splashed yet. ALL 350SS non/axius boats have power steering BUT it is mechanical (cable driven) to a unit located on the inside of the transon on the boat. If Axius uses the same style steering system that Volvos IPS does the helm is electricas it signals a servo on the drives to turn left or right. I need to explore this further to learn if this correct or not.
mentalpause or cmcjo can you answer this question...With the ignition of can you spin the wheel like it is not hooked to anything?

I think the only way to make it easier would be the steering system like they use on the Fas-Tech boats a hydraulic power
steering system................

Last edited by selpel; 06-26-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by selpel
We have just received our first Axius boat and it has not been splashed yet. ALL 350SS non/axius boats have power steering BUT it is mechanical (cable driven) to a unit located on the inside of the transon on the boat. If Axius uses the same style steering system that Volvos IPS does the helm is electricas it signals a servo on the drives to turn left or right. I need to explore this further to learn if this correct or not.
mentalpause or cmcjo can you answer this question...With the ignition of can you spin the wheel like it is not hooked to anything?

I think the only way to make it easier would be the steering system like they use on the Fas-Tech boats a hydraulic power
steering system................
I have the same question as you do Steve. I thought I read somewhere that Axius employed hydraulic to the stern, but I am not sure. I did feel that the steering in the 350 felt more like hydraulic than cable, but I never asked about it during the buying process.

Which boat did you get in with Axius?

I'll be back down in 6 days and we can go for a spin.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Registered

I have the same question as you do Steve. I thought I read somewhere that Axius employed hydraulic to the stern, but I am not sure. I did feel that the steering in the 350 felt more like hydraulic than cable, but I never asked about it during the buying process.

Which boat did you get in with Axius?

I'll be back down in 6 days and we can go for a spin.
400SS w/hardtop..................

Quick Reply: Axius. Anyone have it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.