Axius. Anyone have it? >

Axius. Anyone have it?

Notices
Formula

Axius. Anyone have it?

Old 06-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understood?, that the DTS was electric digital at the helm and sent signals to servos on the motors to turn right or left. Hence, the term Digital Throttle Shift. All of this, implying no cable and no hydraulics at the transom. Am I all wrong, here??
Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by selpel
...With the ignition of can you spin the wheel like it is not hooked to anything?

I think the only way to make it easier would be the steering system like they use on the Fas-Tech boats a hydraulic power
steering system................
Yes steering wheel moves all around but doesn't turn drives.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Registered

Boat is fixed. They replaced some parts and did some flushing and all is well I am told.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I got my 350 with Axius delivered last Thursday. The merc rep burned the newest version of software into it on Tuesday last week.

The current version of the software disables the auto pilot pad. I played 3 days straight with the joy stick portion last weekend without a glich. It worked perfect each time. I used mine in docking mode all the time. I liked it much better in docking mode since it further limits the RPM over non docking mode.

Once I got used to the feel for it, which took a couple days, you can spot the boat wherever you want. on the third day we went to a hamburger joint where I had about 2-3 feet clearance forward and aft along the dock - pulled up and sent it straight sideways in just a couple seconds.

I believe there will be a few more software updates in my future, but I knew that would be the case when I ordered the option. I'm glad I got it. But I probably won't be happy if something crazy happens that threatens the safety of the passengers on board!
Per my last paragraph - got a letter from Merc today that there are software and hardware updates that are ready to implement, plus a new keypad (which previously was disabled) with new features on it.

My point being that this is exactly what we should expect as early adoptors of new technology, from Merc or any other company. I'm happy that Merc recognizes that and is treating their customers that way.

And I am anxious to experience the new software and hardware upgrades. I am not quite sure how it will work, but one feature (skyhook) sounds like it interfaces with the GPS and can keep the boat in a given location. I'll be interested in how accurate that will be. Will I be able to pull up within 5-6 feet of my friends dock and push a button to lock position and then just chat with him and the boat will keep position?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Registered

Per my last paragraph - got a letter from Merc today that there are software and hardware updates that are ready to implement, plus a new keypad (which previously was disabled) with new features on it.

My point being that this is exactly what we should expect as early adoptors of new technology, from Merc or any other company. I'm happy that Merc recognizes that and is treating their customers that way.

And I am anxious to experience the new software and hardware upgrades. I am not quite sure how it will work, but one feature (skyhook) sounds like it interfaces with the GPS and can keep the boat in a given location. I'll be interested in how accurate that will be. Will I be able to pull up within 5-6 feet of my friends dock and push a button to lock position and then just chat with him and the boat will keep position?
I didn't get that letter but its very good news. Yes I am told your boat will hold it's position which is very cool. I can see that I will use that feature. I also like the hold course function as well. BTW, I slept on the 350 last week and it was not bad. The AC cranks big time and is way overpowered even on its lowest setting I froze. No TV reception at all even though I have a short clear shot of NYC. But Shrek III DVD held me over.

Any word on if there installers will come to us for this upgrade and when?
Old 08-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cmcjo
I didn't get that letter but its very good news. Yes I am told your boat will hold it's position which is very cool. I can see that I will use that feature. I also like the hold course function as well. BTW, I slept on the 350 last week and it was not bad. The AC cranks big time and is way overpowered even on its lowest setting I froze. No TV reception at all even though I have a short clear shot of NYC. But Shrek III DVD held me over.

Any word on if there installers will come to us for this upgrade and when?
The letter tells you to call your dealer to schedule the upgrade. So I did that this afternoon. I'll let you know what I find out. I am hoping they come to my slip and do the upgrade.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered

The letter tells you to call your dealer to schedule the upgrade. So I did that this afternoon. I'll let you know what I find out. I am hoping they come to my slip and do the upgrade.
Hey mentalpause, when you gonna change you avitar and show off that new 350SS?................
Old 08-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by selpel
Hey mentalpause, when you gonna change you avitar and show off that new 350SS?................
I need to get over and visit with you Steve. I've been having so much fun entertaining friends on the 350 I just haven't gotten around to it.

Have you guys gotten anything on the axius upgrade? I'm thinking probably not yet, I may have gotten an early letter. You remember our conversation - I still think over the long run it is going to be a great option.

I will be down Wednesday for the Shootout - but that is the one long weekend a year that is a boys weekend. Then my wife and I come down for 10 days the following weekend, labor day.

I'd like to come by sometime labor day week, after the crowd leaves and chat.

The boat is absolutely awesome. The avatar will get changed sooner or later - but a good friend of mine in Mississippi knows why it is the avatar - the girls rule!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I need to get over and visit with you Steve. I've been having so much fun entertaining friends on the 350 I just haven't gotten around to it.

Have you guys gotten anything on the axius upgrade? I'm thinking probably not yet, I may have gotten an early letter. You remember our conversation - I still think over the long run it is going to be a great option.

I will be down Wednesday for the Shootout - but that is the one long weekend a year that is a boys weekend. Then my wife and I come down for 10 days the following weekend, labor day.

The boat is absolutely awesome. The avatar will get changed sooner or later - but a good friend of mine in Mississippi knows why it is the avatar - the girls rule!

Ya, you got that right, they got us by the Avitar is looking good
Old 08-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Registered

Cool

Thats great... I will be at the Shoot-Out because we are showing a 382 Fas-Tech and an 09 350SS on display at Captain Rons parking lot during the event! Also will have a bunch of Sea Doo`s there and the new 255hp RXT-X WOW................Stop by and say Hi!..........

Quick Reply: Axius. Anyone have it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.