Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done? >

Upgrades to your Formula! What have you done?

Notices
Formula

Upgrades to your Formula! What have you done?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TTT. Since I did such a lousy job of powdercoating the amazing step pad/cupholders that Axapowell made, I'm going to strip them, polish them, and clear-coat them.

Anyone else have new projects coming?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I had the Whipple low rise Inner Coolers kit installed on my 575's. I haven't had the boat out yet. I'm very interested in the outcome.....
Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright, I'll throw out a few more! I am still in the process of "tweaking" my most recent projects, but you can see the recent progress.

I decided to update the interior, both cockpit and cabin, of my 1999 / 353 to the more recent version with some of my own personal touches. The pictures DO NOT do the upgrades justice. We haven't had a real sunny day for me to pull the boat outside and take some natural light photos, but I will soon. I'm sure the owners of the newer boats with the carbon fiber dashes will agree, this looks WAY better outside.

So here is what I've done in the last couple of weeks.

1 - Removed the interior of the cabin including the carpet.
2 - Had Larry the Canvas "Guy" (interior guy) re-skin (Formula Factory made skins) and re-carpet the cabin and help me re-install the seats.
3 - Had a new two tone countertop custom made out of Corian and installed it.
4 - Under mounted the sink and changed the facuet set.
5 - Installed a new Alpine Marine stereo head unit with Sirius and a wireless remote.
6 - Installed LED lighting under the valance in the cabin, but left the original lighting as an alterantive. You can switch between LED and the stock lighting with the original switches under the valance.
7 - Replaced the "Mood" lighting, including the Vee-birth panels, with LED lights. (This looks REAL cool!!)
8 - Removed all of the white switches, red gauge bezels, old Pioneer stereo remote, and all white dash panels.
9 - Replaced all of my dash panels with Custom Made Red Carbon Fiber panels from Innotech, Steve Dunning, 314-432-1900. Awesome Job Steve!! Thanks!
10 - All new Polished Stainless Steel gauge bezels and custom made aluminum ignition switch, horn, and stereo bezels.
11 - All new Factory (2010) switches and switch covers including a couple of custom laser engraved (for the stereo remote and GPS speedo recall) covers.
12 - New 2010 Cockpit Carpet with the FasTech Logo and closed cell non-absorbant carpet pad.

I think that's it. Just the steering wheel and sub-woofer left to install, and then a quick buff and polish....should be good to go for the season. A ton of work, but worth all of it!

Here are the before and after photos.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-1.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-2.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-4.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-5.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-6.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Where To
VIP Member

More of the interior before.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-7.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-8.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-9.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-10.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-b4-11.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Here is the interior completed!
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-1.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-2.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-3.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-4.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-5.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Some more of the completed interior.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-6.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-7.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-8.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-9.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-10.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Where To
VIP Member

The last two
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-11.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-interior-after-12.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Here is the dash before.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-b4-1.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-b4-2.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-b4-3.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-b4-4.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-b4-6.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Where To
VIP Member

More before the new Dash.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-b4-7.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-b4-8.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-b4-9.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-b4-5.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Where To
VIP Member

These will look better when I can take some better pictures!
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-after-2.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-after-3.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-after-4.jpg  

Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-after-5.jpg   Upgrades to your Formula!  What have you done?-dash-after-6.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.