Bravo One - Shower >

Bravo One - Shower

Notices
Formula

Bravo One - Shower

Old 08-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Click on the link in my post.They are 145 each and work great.You are a really nice guy but I think you picked the wrong hobby.These boats with eat you alive $$$$ wise.
no i am a diy boater...if you cant appreciate that then you have issues. (i take your comment personally)

instead of putting money into the pockets of greedy companies (esp ones that over charge) i rather keep the money and spend it elsewhere (a fix that i cant handle)...

again the products these companies push cost mere dollars to produce...its sad really. the aformentioned showers should cost 50-75 to buy.

im 23 years old if i can shave cost of ownership i will...just my 0.02. sorry for getting defensive.

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 08-26-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must agree with Moses

Shop prices compared to actual manufacturing cost is INSANE!

If run a factory that build high-end training equipment (http://www.x-force.se) and have a bit experience when it comes to actual manufacturing costs.

A transom basic transom shower that is "only a bent pipe with holes" would cost as little as $40-50 a piece to have made if you buy 10pc. or so. This is at random workshop.

If you look at china for manufacturing as the big companies do, you can basicly take raw material price and ad a few percent for manufacturing.

Will probably end up with $25 a piece all stainless.

I used to work in my schools mechanical workshop when I was studying. Free machinery and good deals on material.

A while I was making "dump valves" for guys turbocharging their cars. Something like this, but not as fancy looking: http://www.energizedcustoms.co.uk/images/RE-CIRC007.jpg

They cost me approx $10 in material and I made 5 in an evening easily. Sold them for 1100 swedish crowns, which equals $160. People told me it was a bargain. Boy are consumers stupid
Old 08-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

High quality boat parts are made from high quality SS and are polished and precision. Don't be so cheap.......
Old 08-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey sorry if I offended anyone,You probably have more time than me.I work 80-90 hours a week and I can make more doing what I do in the time it will take to make drive showers.
Understand your situation but its not just bending the tubing its placement of the holes will homemade ones work as good maybe,Its it worth the cost of a drive if they don't thats for you to decide.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

High quality boat parts are made from high quality SS and are polished and precision. Don't be so cheap
i work in the aerospace world...dont give me the high quality material bit. i know what the material is and how much it costs. (almost nothing for a well resourced company)

Hey sorry if I offended anyone,You probably have more time than me.I work 80-90 hours a week and I can make more doing what I do in the time it will take to make drive showers.
Understand your situation but its not just bending the tubing its placement of the holes will homemade ones work as good maybe,Its it worth the cost of a drive if they don't thats for you to decide.
sorry for getting defensive...i might just make the plunge, just cant wrap my head around the cost esp for something so simple. thanks.