Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild??? >

Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild???

Notices
Formula

Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild???

Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Chris,

I am doing great, thanks for asking. Yes, you are correct, the original Bimini did have a stainless steel tube brace that went to the front windshield, but I have since replaced it with the strapping material that is more common on every other bimini you see out there today (courtesy of the Rag man). Hey, is there anyway we can talk you into catching a quick flight back to T-Town and heading up to Boyne Thunder with the rest of us Formula Guys? Would be neet to see a 382 Poker Run special acutually running in a Poker run. Could be like a Formula Rendezvous.......
Old 07-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Sounds like a deal! See you on Lake Charlevoix!

When are you heading up?
I want to head up Thursday after work, but my son is playing in a Basball Tournament on Thursday night, so I probably wont make it up till Friday....Noon.... I am guessing.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jriggs
Chris,

I am doing great, thanks for asking. Yes, you are correct, the original Bimini did have a stainless steel tube brace that went to the front windshield, but I have since replaced it with the strapping material that is more common on every other bimini you see out there today (courtesy of the Rag man). Hey, is there anyway we can talk you into catching a quick flight back to T-Town and heading up to Boyne Thunder with the rest of us Formula Guys? Would be neet to see a 382 Poker Run special acutually running in a Poker run. Could be like a Formula Rendezvous.......
Believe me, there is nothing I would enjoy more than to make it back there, run the boat, and hang out with you guys. Tracy (Wrinkleface) is a really good friend that puts a lot of time and effort into the event every year, and has consistently and generously offered me a ride on his boat too. Unfortunately my commitments here in Vegas limit my weekends off. Hoping that changes within the next couple years and I will have more leisure time.

Hoping for a safe and fun weekend for all you guys ... I will definately be there in spirit!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jriggs
Would be neet to see a 382 Poker Run special acutually running in a Poker run. Could be like a Formula Rendezvous.......
Close as I an get for now. 100% fresh paint from the factory, still need to re-apply the Poker Run graphics. My maintenance guy wanted to let the paint dry (off-gassing) first before re-applying them. Hoping to get most of that done on my next trip back there.
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild???-382.jpg  

Last edited by RedDog382; 07-02-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Tracy (Wrinkleface) is a really good friend
You know that guy too?! I'm sorry!

Hopefully we'll see you on the lake sometime this summer.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered

Quick update for anyone else that is having this same dilemma...

We ended up taking the canvas all the way down to the cockpit cover snaps. No drilling the windshield. Also mounted the bimini inside the cockpit. It can be folded and left up, or the whole thing stores in the engine compartment. I also had him put a roll up window in the front section for easy bow access / air.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Registered

Pics
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone have a full enclosure with a Stainless Windsheild???-image.jpg  
Old 09-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Registered

thought i had more, but they didn't come out...

Last edited by RT930turbo; 09-08-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

if we end up getting that 380 we will be looking to do the same thing since it has a windscreen
Old 09-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drock78
if we end up getting that 380 we will be looking to do the same thing since it has a windscreen
I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'm glad we were able to make it work without messing with the stainless frame. It seals up really nicely this way too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.