fastech cabin bench storage

Notices
Formula

fastech cabin bench storage

Old 05-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fastech cabin bench storage

I'm fairly sure all the fastech cabin bench seats are the same and from the factory, not hinged. I know at least my old 271 and my current 312 are that way. Has anyone ever added hinges to gain storage space beneath them? It blows me away formula didn't do that from the factory. Anyway, if anyone has done this, what did you use? I suppose I would need a hinge similar to the rear bench seat.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you know if there is a compartment under there? On my 272 and 311 the couches are screwed down to a carpeted flat surface, no compartment there.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:39 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I had a 98 312 and removed the head to install an A/C unit. I removed one of the benches to run plumbing and was surprised how little space is actually under there. Even 6 inch fenders do not fit! Don't waste your time cause you'll only be able to put a couple dock lines and a towel under each side.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
I had a 98 312 and removed the head to install an A/C unit. I removed one of the benches to run plumbing and was surprised how little space is actually under there. Even 6 inch fenders do not fit! Don't waste your time cause you'll only be able to put a couple dock lines and a towel under each side.
I know there isn't much space under there. I had them out on my previous 271 fastech. However, SOME space is better than the no space I have now. I love a lot of things about the Fastech line, but they don't have much for storage. I just want to gain a few more hidey holes for stuff.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Took my fridge out after wifey fergot a shrimp salad in there for a month. Threw it in the trash. Wow what a great space to store stuff. Soft sided cooler works great.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
Took my fridge out after wifey fergot a shrimp salad in there for a month. Threw it in the trash. Wow what a great space to store stuff. Soft sided cooler works great.

It's your job to see that the boat is clean!
Old 05-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Banned

I imagine that since it's supposed to be an ocean going luxury performance boat that they anticipate it to maybe hit some rough water once in awhile so hinged seats and a locking fastener would be asking for trouble. The closer you get to the stern the smoother the ride is.....so I can imagine in the rough those seats would come undone pretty quick and you would be collecting even more cupholders full of miscellaneous hardware off the cabin floor.

What do you want to put there? DOPE????
Old 05-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I think that there is a slight radius to the fixed bottom cushion? Tough to get a hinge to behave in that installation. Piano hinge not a chance.