No more 292 Fastech from Formula >

No more 292 Fastech from Formula

Notices
Formula

No more 292 Fastech from Formula

Old 08-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

Amen brother! Egg eaters be damned! And 500k for a boat with no place to funk? ...please!
Old 08-08-2018, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by blckkat
I question if Formula isn't going to be up for sale soon at this rate. their whole lineup is sadly turning into dinosaurs.
never gonna survive making boats no one wants....just sad.
Who would be the buyer? If the Porter family can't make the business run with 45+ years of experience then what chance does a new buyer have?

Their new outboard boats are ugly and expensive. Sea Ray is phasing out of the large boat business and focusing on the smaller boats so that will put more pressure on Formula.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by COOPS
Just sold mine last week because it is just not fun being the only performance boat it seems on the water. We used it less and less and I heard that they where going to stop production soon. To me that drops the value of that model. If it isn't available as a new model people will be concerned about parts.

We will miss it but it was the perfect time to let it go. It sold in 24hrs!....

Sometimes out of production "INCREASES" value too?!?!
Old 08-08-2018, 06:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Franks292
I think the shift of boating interest and the economy are to blame. The general boating public just doesnt care for go-fast boats anymore. Everything that appeals now are wake boats, bow riders and center consoles. Look at Sunsation, do they even make go-fasts anymore, all I find on their website is center consoles. Formula is investing alot into their bow riders and cruisers. They didnt even have a Fastech at the Chicago boat show. And on to the economy, many people cant afford owning a go-fast boat. The fuel, the maintenance, insurance and storage. My 02 was 180k new (have the paperwork). A new one, which I priced on the website before they took it down, with my same features and minimal graphics was about 210k. 30k in price difference, but 16 years is a long time for inflation and economic decline.

And with Baja, you get what you pay for... which is why I bought a Formula. Baja has appeal because they're cheap window sticker. I rode in a 35 foot Baja outlaw and was disappointed to say the least. It was fast but didnt handle the water like a Formula, that's for damn sure.

Just my opinion... I hope someday Formula will revive its massive go-fast lineup. Like The 271, 292, 311 and 419. One can dream right?
The Formula pricing has always been inflated, then they offer a huge chunk off. Sunsation has gone to outboard CC stuff only. It sells better, it is easier to assemble. They have a small dealer network and simply produce what the dealers order.

As far as "reviving the go fast line-up" it probably won't happen unless a Saudi prince orders a handful of each model.

Think about Ford getting out of the sedan business recently, they said they are phasing out car lines that don't sell and focusing on trucks/SUVs/Mustangs. Now next time you are sitting in traffic, look around and note how many new Ford sedans you see next to you compared to SUV/Trucks?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Franks292
Am I the only one that hates engines hanging off the back of a transom? Not a fan of outboards... I could care less that I'm the only go fast boat. I honestly find other boats boring and everything is a cookie-cutter design. Jmo.
I agree big time!
I don't even want a outboard on a pontoon...