Formula

311 vs 292...first REAL boat

Old 10-22-2019, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by TomZ
We’ll figure it out!

The biggest hurdle for me is, “time off.”

And I’m sure there are those that are concerned with me going to Florida... I might never come back!
there should be enough room on the redneck Riviera for you and all of your friends
Old 12-01-2019, 09:44 AM
Registered

As I learn my new boat...are there any downsides to trimming the motors "in" and as I come out of the hole/accelerate, using the "trailer" up button to move both motors together, to trim "out"? Watching out for too much out trim (due to trim limit switch being bypassed by the trailer button)?
Old 12-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Tom,

On mine you cannot do that. The trailer switch is disabled when the keys are on. Of course mine is a TRS... your Bravo setup may be different

Are you saying that your trim limit switches are preventing you from being able to get the maximum trim out of the drives/boat?

On my boat all of rhe switches at the drives are disabled (from the factory). I can trim to the point of breaking something if I wanted. Your Bravo boat isn’t that way?

Old 12-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

We’ll figure it out!

The biggest hurdle for me is, “time off.”

And I’m sure there are those that are concerned with me going to Florida... I might never come back!
I was just looking at past posts and saw that I said “well figure it out”.... was supposed to be “we’ll figure it out.” Totally changes the context! Anyway, just wanted to clarify.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by F14A water jet
I see Bad Monkey sold his go fast. How do we get you to down to the Gulf Coast?
we did sell our Fastech. Going into a performance CC. We are also looking at places in Sarasota FLA. Would love to come down and boat in the gulf. Going to be a year before we get new boat.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Registered

Tom,
On mine you cannot do that. The trailer switch is disabled when the keys are on. Of course mine is a TRS... your Bravo setup may be different
Are you saying that your trim limit switches are preventing you from being able to get the maximum trim out of the drives/boat?
On my boat all of rhe switches at the drives are disabled (from the factory). I can trim to the point of breaking something if I wanted. Your Bravo boat isn’t that way?
I will check if "trailer" is disabled with key on.
I do not know if the limit switches are accurately set (I will assume previous owners calibrated them)...I just was trying to figure a simple way to move both motors up in parallel/together.
Limit switches seem to work...but I was warned (previous owner) that the Latham drive cylinders can impact the swim platform if you lift (probably with trailer switch) the drives too high.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey

we did sell our Fastech. Going into a performance CC. We are also looking at places in Sarasota FLA. Would love to come down and boat in the gulf. Going to be a year before we get new boat.
This place is full of performance center consoles with 2-5 outboards. I know you are probably headed straight down I-95 (towards Sarasota-by the way...GREAT location) but if you venture west, we've got dock space on the north side of Perdido Key.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:18 AM
Registered

The boat is down in Florida now...just waiting on my new boat lift to be finished before putting her up in the "bird house".
See pictures below of my previous boats.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F14A water jet
I will check if "trailer" is disabled with key on.
I do not know if the limit switches are accurately set (I will assume previous owners calibrated them)...I just was trying to figure a simple way to move both motors up in parallel/together.
Limit switches seem to work...but I was warned (previous owner) that the Latham drive cylinders can impact the swim platform if you lift (probably with trailer switch) the drives too high.
On my 311 all i had was the dash switches. I would run them up and had my wife measure off the ground when they were parallel to the ground and raised them to the max height before it would cause damage and marked the trim panel with a dot on each. after that i just did GPS runs to see at which point the boat lost speed and i would move them back down
Old 03-13-2020, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Car Biz
On my 311 all i had was the dash switches. I would run them up and had my wife measure off the ground when they were parallel to the ground and raised them to the max height before it would cause damage and marked the trim panel with a dot on each. after that i just did GPS runs to see at which point the boat lost speed and i would move them back down
Thanks, I will check again (and I did mark "measured/observed" level/neutral trim on my indicator) BUT it seems that full/damage/impact (swim platform) up is off the trim indicator scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.