311 vs 292...first REAL boat

Like Tree36Likes

311 vs 292...first REAL boat

Old 10-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TomZ View Post
We’ll figure it out!

The biggest hurdle for me is, “time off.”

And I’m sure there are those that are concerned with me going to Florida... I might never come back!
there should be enough room on the redneck Riviera for you and all of your friends
Old 12-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Registered

As I learn my new boat...are there any downsides to trimming the motors "in" and as I come out of the hole/accelerate, using the "trailer" up button to move both motors together, to trim "out"? Watching out for too much out trim (due to trim limit switch being bypassed by the trailer button)?
Old 12-01-2019, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tom,

On mine you cannot do that. The trailer switch is disabled when the keys are on. Of course mine is a TRS... your Bravo setup may be different

Are you saying that your trim limit switches are preventing you from being able to get the maximum trim out of the drives/boat?

On my boat all of rhe switches at the drives are disabled (from the factory). I can trim to the point of breaking something if I wanted. Your Bravo boat isn’t that way?

Old 12-01-2019, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We’ll figure it out!

The biggest hurdle for me is, “time off.”

And I’m sure there are those that are concerned with me going to Florida... I might never come back!
I was just looking at past posts and saw that I said “well figure it out”.... was supposed to be “we’ll figure it out.” Totally changes the context! Anyway, just wanted to clarify.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by F14A water jet View Post
I see Bad Monkey sold his go fast. How do we get you to down to the Gulf Coast?
we did sell our Fastech. Going into a performance CC. We are also looking at places in Sarasota FLA. Would love to come down and boat in the gulf. Going to be a year before we get new boat.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Registered

Tom,
On mine you cannot do that. The trailer switch is disabled when the keys are on. Of course mine is a TRS... your Bravo setup may be different
Are you saying that your trim limit switches are preventing you from being able to get the maximum trim out of the drives/boat?
On my boat all of rhe switches at the drives are disabled (from the factory). I can trim to the point of breaking something if I wanted. Your Bravo boat isn’t that way?
I will check if "trailer" is disabled with key on.
I do not know if the limit switches are accurately set (I will assume previous owners calibrated them)...I just was trying to figure a simple way to move both motors up in parallel/together.
Limit switches seem to work...but I was warned (previous owner) that the Latham drive cylinders can impact the swim platform if you lift (probably with trailer switch) the drives too high.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post

we did sell our Fastech. Going into a performance CC. We are also looking at places in Sarasota FLA. Would love to come down and boat in the gulf. Going to be a year before we get new boat.
This place is full of performance center consoles with 2-5 outboards. I know you are probably headed straight down I-95 (towards Sarasota-by the way...GREAT location) but if you venture west, we've got dock space on the north side of Perdido Key.
badmonkey likes this.