Looking for a 311

Notices
Formula

Looking for a 311

Old 04-26-2020, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Looking for a 311

Well I think its finally time to upgrade from my 272.I love my current boat but would just like to go a bit bigger. The plan is to sell the 272 after I bring the new boat home. The seasons are to short up here in Michigan to risk not having a boat haha

With that being said, does anyone know of any leads or looking to sell themselves that may not have posted it yet? Haven't been able to find much listed out there right now. I'm in the Detroit area but I'm willing to travel for the right boat. Looking for Bravo's and preferably white/Red or White/blue.. Not really looking for a project but I do realize these boats are 30+ years old so it may need a few things here and there.

Here's a few pics of my 272

The following users liked this post:
Formula311-SR1 (04-29-2020), Pismo10 (04-27-2020)
Old 04-26-2020, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

your 272 looks real nice. I like the colors.

The only 311 I have seen thus far is a yellow one on clist up in your neck of the woods.

If you wanted a 357, there is a guy down here in the Cincinnati area that just recently put his 357 on market. Think it was black and white with red. He took swim platform off and looks like engines and everything is 100 percent from pics.

I have a 311 yet am not parting with it yet.

I always seem to be looking... will let you know if I see anything.

Chris
Old 04-27-2020, 01:57 PM
Registered

Thanks for the compliments on my 272. Your 311 is sharp! I don't blame you for not wanting to sell.

It looks like a few nice 311's recently sold within the past few months so I'm hoping that a few more will pop up soon as they start coming out of winter hibernation ( or maybe I can convince someone to sell theirs! haha). I was hoping to pick something up relatively soon to make selling my 272 easier and not risk storing it through the winter but if that doesn't happen its not the end of the world. I need to learn to have a bit more patience. Once I make my mind up I have a hard time sitting back and relaxing. I'm more of an instant gratification type haha

That yellow one near me looks really nice and for a good price considering the upgrades it has but that yellow just isn't for me. Also I would really like to stick with Bravo's. The TRS's are arguably a better drive but the added room in the engine compartment is very appealing to me.

Appreciate the help!

-Jim

Old 04-28-2020, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts

Just look at myisland’s picture. The Formula 311 has the best performance boat profile that I have ever seen. The balance of squatted transom and bow up but not too up, is perfect. I love those boats. It’s the ultimate Formula to me. Good luck with your hunt Jimnut.
The following users liked this post:
Redneckcustoms13 (04-29-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by JimNut
Thanks for the compliments on my 272. Your 311 is sharp! I

-Jim
I think your inbox is full? I sent you some links let me know if I can help
Old 04-30-2020, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F14A water jet
I think your inbox is full? I sent you some links let me know if I can help
Thats strange. Site only showed I had 4 messages between inbox and sent. I cleared them all out so hopefully now it will go through. Can you please try sending again?

Thank you!!
Old 04-30-2020, 08:56 AM
Registered

New message sent
Old 04-30-2020, 09:21 AM
Registered

Ps-I am on the Gulf of Mexico, so that drove my requirements of two engines and robust handling!
Old 04-30-2020, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Well I think its finally time to upgrade from my 272.I love my current boat but would just like to go a bit bigger. The plan is to sell the 272 after I bring the new boat home. The seasons are to short up here in Michigan to risk not having a boat haha

With that being said, does anyone know of any leads or looking to sell themselves that may not have posted it yet? Haven't been able to find much listed out there right now. I'm in the Detroit area but I'm willing to travel for the right boat. Looking for Bravo's and preferably white/Red or White/blue.. Not really looking for a project but I do realize these boats are 30+ years old so it may need a few things here and there.

Here's a few pics of my 272

what drivetrains are in your 272? Looks great.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the compliments on my 272. Your 311 is sharp! I don't blame you for not wanting to sell.

It looks like a few nice 311's recently sold within the past few months so I'm hoping that a few more will pop up soon as they start coming out of winter hibernation ( or maybe I can convince someone to sell theirs! haha). I was hoping to pick something up relatively soon to make selling my 272 easier and not risk storing it through the winter but if that doesn't happen its not the end of the world. I need to learn to have a bit more patience. Once I make my mind up I have a hard time sitting back and relaxing. I'm more of an instant gratification type haha

That yellow one near me looks really nice and for a good price considering the upgrades it has but that yellow just isn't for me. Also I would really like to stick with Bravo's. The TRS's are arguably a better drive but the added room in the engine compartment is very appealing to me.

Appreciate the help!

-Jim
that yellow boat caught my eye also. I really like the engines he has. A LOT of yellow. I have a yellow 242 so I don’t mind yellow. I’m not a big fan of all the yellow on the dash of that 311. If I had a few bucks laying around I’d be making an offer along with some updates.

good luck in your search.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.