Mystery plugs 292 >

Mystery plugs 292

Notices

Mystery plugs 292

Old 07-30-2020, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 146 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Zone 5 View Post
Okay guys. What is a "secondary" trim switch? Cause my drives and tabs both work fine, up and down.
a second trim switch, either in the throttle handle, or a trailer button
The following users liked this post:
Zone 5 (07-30-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 08:07 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

They may not go to anything at all if the guy previous guy was too lazy to pull old wiring out when re-doing stuff. They look like the standard plugs that go into trim/tilt pumps...the purple wires would connect to the limit switches (the hockey pucks on the outside edges of the gimbal assembly) so the pumps know when to stop.
If everything works on the boat then either leave them alone or yank them out and clean things up....you can test them to make sure they not hooked up to the switches. Just place the ground lead of a volt meter on any good ground, then the positive lead into either the green or the blue wires and start hitting trim/tilt switches up/down to see if there's any power going to them...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following 2 users liked this post by Wally:
SB (07-30-2020), Zone 5 (07-30-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wally View Post
They may not go to anything at all if the guy previous guy was too lazy to pull old wiring out when re-doing stuff. They look like the standard plugs that go into trim/tilt pumps...the purple wires would connect to the limit switches (the hockey pucks on the outside edges of the gimbal assembly) so the pumps know when to stop.
If everything works on the boat then either leave them alone or yank them out and clean things up....you can test them to make sure they not hooked up to the switches. Just place the ground lead of a volt meter on any good ground, then the positive lead into either the green or the blue wires and start hitting trim/tilt switches up/down to see if there's any power going to them...
Yea, there were NO old wires pulled anywhere. Wiring is a mess I think you have just hit it. The "trailer" switches for the drives were replaced with aftermarket. There are no "trailer" switches, only tabs and regular trim plus throttle trim. So what you said about the trim limit switches makes sense, as there is no "limit". drives trim all the way with button on throttle or just the seperate trim buttons.