Subs in my 311? >

Subs in my 311?

Notices
Formula

Subs in my 311?

Old 06-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... and we all know that Nort knows about the girls and the BOOM, BOOM goin' on!!
Old 06-28-2003, 07:14 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry bro I am on the road and no good internet connection. I will try and get on line soon and update ya.

Jon
Old 06-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

I've looked at both places (sides and rear seat).
My latest idea is to mount them in the SIDES of the rear seat box, with the magnets facing outboard. Put guards over the magnet assys so stuff in the side trays won't bother them. Will take up practically ZERO storage space in the seat box, and will take minimal side storage space. Looks like a stiff location, and you won't be bothered by audible harmonics from the subs (you ain't supposed to HEAR them, only to FEEL them).

I store lots of stuff in the seatbox, but it's not much in the way of actual effective volume.

That's my current plan...

(I personally think the side panels will sound too boomy unless you seal off the sliding access doors).

But!
Audiofn will come thru with the most rational answer whenever he gets his internet connection working again...
Old 07-08-2003, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TTT

Audio, I see you're back!!! Any comments on where I'd like to mount my subs buddy??
Old 07-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

ok the sides will work. We did Norts as you already know under the seat. That worked well and will work even better if we replace the plastic that they use with a stiffer wood. The problem with subs is they shake EVERYTHING. So were you put them needs to be SUPER solid. If the mount flexes at all you will get a loss of output. What kind of subs are they that you have? Are they free air or do they need a encosure to work properly? If you need to build a box to fit them in they your problem of stiffness is greatly reduced because yout back box will make the mounting surface stronger. Norts were free air subs and they do not take up much room do to the fact that behind the baffle (front of the back seat) there is just the magnet structure. One of these days he will get me some pictures of his side speakers!!! YOU HEAR THAT NORT!!!

Get me the info on the speakers that you are using and I will try and help ya out more.

Jon
Old 07-09-2003, 05:45 AM
Registered

Thanks Jon,
The subs came in an enclosure, both in one big-ass enclosure. So, I expect they need the enclosure to work efficiently. I'll check them out more closely tonight.

Thanks for the reply.

Dave
Old 07-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

See if you can get the make and model number. You WILL need to make an enclosure for them or not only will they not sound good but they will blow up faster if you do not. This could limit your choices depoending on how energetic you are The worst thing about Formula's (ask Nort and Troutly) running wires in them SUCKS!!!!!

Jon
Old 07-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Where To
VIP Member

I have tried everything to mount two 12" subs in my 302...The best yet (this year) was to use Memphis' Studio Line 12's in a 1.25 cubic foot box in the side storage compartment where the door slides to when it is open. We removed the fiberglass, and instered the box in it's place. It looks like we just mounted the sub to the panel, where in reality it is an enclosure. It hits VERY hard and clear. I'm powering it with a hybrid Class D amp, which has a 1000 watt sub (2000 watt peak) and a 75x4 for the pair of 6 1/2" & 6x9's. The guy at the stereo shop fabricated a set of fiberglass speaker pods which are mounted by the grab rails behind the front bolsters. They flush mounted the amp in the cabinet over the fridge!! Awesome job and it sound GREAT. I can send you Pics if you would like. I'll take my digital camera up to the boat this coming weekend...Let me know.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely!! we want pic's.. of the whole thing... I am going to be doing my other boat soon and like the helpful hints and views of other system installs.
In a boat, you havew to be creative!
Old 07-24-2003, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should "mike" the exhaust, turn the thing up max, and blow windows out for fun. Formula Outlaw

Quick Reply: Subs in my 311?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.