Subs in my 311?

Notices
Formula

Subs in my 311?

Old 07-25-2003, 08:29 AM
kennythebus

Cool Speakers and Amps and music

Hey Guys

I wish my son were here now as he could better explain the sound system in my Formula 271, but here goes. When we bought this boat, most of the equipment was installed but not working well. We have a total of twelve speakers throughout the boat, with four (2 twelves and 2 tens I think) installed beneath the back seat. My son built a carpet (matching available at Lowe's) covered box enclosure for the middle speakers and the two on either side are not enclosed to allow "some" storage--two pillows for floatation to be exact. We have two amplifiers (I think 1200 watt each)installed on the passenger side panel on a piece of plywood. He installed XMSR satellite radio and new Alpine CD player and Receiver. I paid a couple of audio guys 650.00 to rewire and replace as necessary to insure accurate connections everywhere. We almost never play the CD's unless by special request from a "baby doll" because the satellite radio is CRYSTAL CLEAR. All of this "juice" is why we have installed four batteries just to get thru a good day of "hangin out". We are looking for an infrared receiver that we can mount in the dash in place of the unused radio that is currently there and direct connect it to the Alpine unit in the cabin. The remote control unit has to be directed toward the Alpine which is in the cabin so it is inconvenient if you like to channel surf as my son does. Since we only have a single 502, we mounted a storage box for the anchor in the engine compartment. We don't have the fastest ride on the lake, but we've got the "baddest" sounds.

Kenny

Old 07-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Kenny go to your local custom stereo installer and ask them for a IR repeater. They are made by Zantech, Niles, and a bunch of other guys. You can put your IR recieving eye in the dash and then just put the IR blaster in the cabin and you will be set. They all opperate on 12 volt (at leaste every one that I have ever seen) so you just cut off the 110 plug and wire it to the boats electrical system.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:41 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry guys...forgot my camera!! My Bad. Will try again next week.