Subs in my 311?

Notices
Formula

Subs in my 311?

Old 06-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Subs in my 311?

I have a pair of 12" subs and a 1400 watt amp to install in my '89 311. Thinking of mounting them in the side panels, facing the bolsters.

Will this location rattle too much? Maybe shake the hull sides or the side panels too much?

I like the idea of placing them behind (next to) the bolsters as they will be protected there and I really don't store anything in that far into the side.

Any comments?
Old 06-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Subs in my 311?

Originally posted by ThirdBird
I have a pair of 12" subs and a 1400 watt amp to install in my '89 311.
Keeerist ...turn them puppies up and I'm liable to here them in Jersey
Old 06-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may end up with a stepped hull if you turn it up all the way.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:55 AM
Registered

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
You may end up with a stepped hull if you turn it up all the way.
Yeah, that'll get the little lady's bouncers bouncing won't it??
Old 06-26-2003, 07:00 AM
Registered

AUDIOFN WHERE ARE YOU????????

I need your advice on my install. Too much for the side compartments????
Old 06-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Registered

In my 312, I currently have my 12" woofer installed in the side storage compartment on a carpeted 3/4 plywood piece screwed to the inner side wall of the boat. A grill covers it and the door still slides closed to hide if when stored. I would like the space back so I also would like to mount directly into the side wall too. It is about 1/4-5/16" of glass there so I think it would be stiff enough but I guess we could epoxy a stiffner to it if needed. Let us know how
Old 06-27-2003, 05:51 AM
Registered

Hey BlownFormula,
How does the sub sound in there? Does it vibrate the hull sides too much? Vibration is my biggest concern.

I think that area directly next to the bolsters would be a perfect place for my subs. I cant really store any this in there anyway, its too far forward from the sliding plexiglass door.

I can't recall how your 312 is set up as far as the side storage areas Blown, but I think its basically the same as my older 311.

There's lots of you guys out there with older 272s, 292s, 311s, and 357s. Anybody tried mounting big subs in the area I'm considering??
Old 06-27-2003, 09:33 AM
Registered

It is the area directly in front of the rear seat so it would be a little stiffer than just a flat panel. However, I was wanting to mount it in the side wall under the bolsters. It would require I believe, a couple of acrylic "stiffners" be secured to the panel to help stop any resonance. I currently have no trouble with rattles or other hull sounds...... but I don't have 1400 watts either!!

In your situation, I think I would use the new square Kicker subs.... an 8"sq sub puts out like a 10" round, a 10" like a 12" round..... smaller speakers but more sound. sounds like a good deal to me!! I would put them into the front of the rear seat making a good sealed enclosure....and very stiff too.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Registered

Yeah Blown,
I have seriously considered the front of the rear seat. Everyone puts them there. However, I use that space under the seat for anchors, tools, ropes and all kinds of stuff that wouldn't be "speaker friendly".

I don't know,,,,,,,,,still hemming and hawing over it. I do appreciate your thoughts and inputs though
Old 06-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ThirdBird
Yeah Blown,
I have seriously considered the front of the rear seat. Everyone puts them there. However, I use that space under the seat for anchors, tools, ropes and all kinds of stuff that wouldn't be "speaker friendly".

I don't know,,,,,,,,,still hemming and hawing over it. I do appreciate your thoughts and inputs though
I have four 10's at the back seat driven by 1500W, but I don't put anything in there but ropes, and have the mounts for the light pole and the two cover poles. That is an excellent area and you really don't loose much storage area at all! Besides, shen you sit on the seat, the girls get the boom boom going on!

Quick Reply: Subs in my 311?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.