Trim and Tab Question....

Notices

Trim and Tab Question....

Old 06-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: Trim and Tab Question....

Don't take your tabs all the way up. Find out what tick on your indicator hasyour tabs parallel to the bottom of your hull, and mark your indicator with a Sharpie. Keep your tabs there. Running them up past this will not make you faster.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Don't take your tabs all the way up. Find out what tick on your indicator hasyour tabs parallel to the bottom of your hull, and mark your indicator with a Sharpie. Keep your tabs there. Running them up past this will not make you faster.
I saw you at the cliffs Sat but we were heading out , are you coming down for the 4th . Your boy in the other AT may have gotten offended because I had some things to say about a twit at a local marina , he was one of the people who came to his rescue . Nothing personal though , I would like to see both boats up close , thinking of going a little bigger ...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
I keep the tabs completely up & run my trim up to 5-6 - Dago - just keep trimming up until the GPS speed starts to drop - You will figure out the sweet spot in a hurry. I would expect mid to upper 70's with your set up. What props & rpm are your turning? props turning in or out??? non stepped hull correct?
That's the thing.........I don't know what props I have! I wish I did know......I'll post a pic if anyone can tell anything from that I doubt it but here it is. I am going to go for a run later today and I can get back to you on the RPM's. Haven't tracked it closely enough yet I guess. We'll see.
Attached Thumbnails Trim and Tab Question....-fountain7.jpg  
Old 06-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mach props - turning out - I would guess 26p-28p - not the best prop out there, thats what what fountain used that model year boat, newer models used Hydro's - now they come w/Bravo 1's - Dago are you going to Jobbie Nooner? (I would try Hydromotive props for best top speed) good luck.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Registered

I have the Mach props as well , Throttle up figured that I have just over 9% slip which they said was very good ...
Gonna try some Hydros over the winter when I change heads and cams ...p.s. 27's turning in ...
Old 06-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Registered

well I went out by myself...........I had it trimmed to about 5.......in very small waves 1-2ft maybe..........I hit 78mph on the GPS..............the boat runs very well when opened up.........the only thing is my Starboard engine is really driving me nuts now...........it doesn't like to idle at all at starting idle position..(when it does idle it jumps btw 500 and 1500 constantly..up and down, up and down).........drives me nuts when idling through canals and gas docks and worse yet.....now it wants to stall when I put in reverse or in drive and totally screws me up for docking. I don't know if the fuel injectors are dirty or if it's a more serious problem at this point. I know I was at the MacNRays gas station and they only had 89 octane but it seems it was happening before that.........but now it seems worse. I'm pretty sure I should only be putting premium in there. I got all kinds of problems going on. Any suggestions on the engine idling ? Injectors ? ........and I'm sure you guys are only using Premium correct? I had to get the gas I was real low and had to fuel.....I didn't want to after I found out it was 89 but like I said it was that or swim!

Last edited by Dago Racing; 06-26-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

89 Octane is fine, sounds like you have a vacuum leak when an EFI idle jumps around like your describing. You should try posting in the tech section, you will get more response & suggestions. 78 thats more like it,
Old 06-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Registered

Which section.......I don't see any "tech section" let me know where I should post it! Thanks.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered

sounds like your iac motor is wigging out ....