Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why? >

Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why?

Notices

Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak42
My 39' boat will outrun your 39' boat!!!
sweettttttttttttttttttttttt
Old 12-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carcrash
Those latest Fountain 35's are amazing highly tuned boats!
And they are TINY!!!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Registered

That they are! But they do have a fast hull...can't deny that...I just can't figure out why they put all the guages where you can't see em'? And there is no freeboard, one big wave over the back and your swamped! Not to mention all the other issues,.....but they go fast; Yipee
Old 12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by spilman
., one big wave over the back and your swamped!
Not to mention all the other issues,.....but they go fast;

Interesting. How many 32's do you know of sunk this way? (I'm just trying to make a list and wanting to know if I can use a post-it note or do I need legal sized tablet)

What are the "all the other issues" ? Just in case I'm not aware of them.

Fast is good.

Thanks.

My next boat will be an AT. I hear they are really good.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with the guage placement, but it is what it is. Not my preference.

Low freeboard... actually, that look is what made me look at Fountains. I like the looks, but thats just a personal thing.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Interesting. How many 32's do you know of sunk this way? (I'm just trying to make a list and wanting to know if I can use a post-it note or do I need legal sized tablet)

What are the "all the other issues" ? Just in case I'm not aware of them.

Fast is good.

Thanks.

My next boat will be an AT. I hear they are really good.
Lots of AT folks come around Houston and Conroe for our Poker Runs. Some come all the way from Beaumont (Geaux Tigers).They make me feel good I am in a Fountain. I go faster. 'Nuff said.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Registered

How much of a wave over the stern does it really take to sink a fountain? I guess if you're riding around with the hatch open, you might have problems, but the small amount that makes it's way through the gap between the hatch and the deck shouldn't give you trouble. Now, if you're getting a big enough wave over the back to make it past the hatch and over the seats, then you must be doing something wrong.

I have never had water come over the transom of my 27', at least not in any noticeable amount. And this includes turning off the ignition at 3500 rpm so I could get a good read on the spark plugs. Even if i'm just drifting to go for a swim, I have seen pretty big wakes from cruisers come along and hit my boat right at the back, and haven't had a problem.

Maybe if you're overloaded to begin with and take a big wave over the back, you could have issues, but I just don't see it being a common problem. These boats have been in production for quite a while, and the most I hear about is anecdotal evidence that "a few" have had that problem. Most of the sinkings seem to be from mechanical issues, unrelated to what kind of hull the mercruisers are bolted into.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owned a 32 with 500 H.P.'s. The stern does sit very low in the water. The problem comes from the bilge blower vents on the rear. When at rest the 32 with big blocks, will sit with the rub rail on the transom about 2 inches above the water. A wave of 1-2 feet, crusier wake, ect. Water will enter the bilge blower holes on the rear when the stern is facing towards the wakes. Owned the boat 2 years. Put 120 hrs on it. Never came close to sinking or any of the other problems. The bilge stays wet, bilge blower fans dont last long because they are always damp, and when its tied to a pier, you will get told your boat is sinking.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from an all fundamental ponit of view, the fountain is a far superior machine. period.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

The bilge blower's on my boat vent to the side of the boat. Might be worth plugging those transom holes and rerouting the vent somewhere less susceptible to water.

Quick Reply: Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.