42 Lightning (Ebay) >

42 Lightning (Ebay)

Notices

42 Lightning (Ebay)

Old 01-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
That boat doesnt look to have ever been a triple....center stringer would be alot shorter.
Here is a quote from an e-mail he sent me regarding the old and new motors:

The current engines are rebuilt Twin 502 Mercruiser engines.

According to the marine survey of the old engines EACH engine was rated at 445 hp.

The rebuilt engines have not been pushed to top speed because they are still being broken in. They only have about 5 hours. I would expect them to exceed the old top speed of 70mph.

Not sure where the 76MPH speed he mentions in the listing came from?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Damn, your up early for new years day?
Jeff Early ?????????? no sleep around here , with the 4 kidz, 3 friggin dogz, and wife with 2 g/fs not happening , a lil rest after we get back home and they go back to skool on the 8th and then the real fun in Vegas for the AVN party/conv next week
Old 01-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Back4More
That boat doesnt look to have ever been a triple....center stringer would be alot shorter.
I looked at that after I posted also and was having second thought on my opinion. Wouldn't it be cool to shorten the swim pad and add an extra row of seats in that boat.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PJDiesel
Here is a quote from an e-mail he sent me regarding the old and new motors:

The current engines are rebuilt Twin 502 Mercruiser engines.

According to the marine survey of the old engines EACH engine was rated at 445 hp.

The rebuilt engines have not been pushed to top speed because they are still being broken in. They only have about 5 hours. I would expect them to exceed the old top speed of 70mph.

Not sure where the 76MPH speed he mentions in the listing came from?

No way that boat even smelled 70 with less than 900 total hp.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Registered

I looked at that after I posted also and was having second thought on my opinion. Wouldn't it be cool to shorten the swim pad and add an extra row of seats in that boat.
Uh, the swim pad is AT LEAST 2.5' too long.....
Old 01-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jryan26
Whats next?
Another Fountain.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Registered

Alrighty, I finally got a chance to ride down and take a look at this boat. Looks nice from the outside, some caulk that needs attention, some other minor stuff. Kinda disappointed to see the "scum" line still on it from the last time it was in the water last year, but whatever I guess.

Heres the thing (and shame on me for not already knowing this). It is SMALL inside! I mean, like not at all what I was expecting to see. I took the wife and kid with me to check it out and that was the absolute first thing we were all saying about it. Honestly, it is very, very close to my current boat in overall cabin height. Also, it feels like the windshield is at about waist height when standing at the helm. You'd have to be about 4'2" to be able to use the head without being a contortionist.
Whats the deal there? Friends of ours have a 1995 38, I was expecting something somewhat similar to that. I can just about stand up straight in their boat.

Thoughts, insight..............?

Last edited by PJDiesel; 01-07-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added some stuff
Old 01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PJDiesel
Alrighty, I finally got a chance to ride down and take a look at this boat. Looks nice from the outside, some caulk that needs attention, some other minor stuff. Kinda disappointed to see the "scum" line still on it from the last time it was in the water last year, but whatever I guess.

Heres the thing (and shame on me for not already knowing this). It is SMALL inside! I mean, like not at all what I was expecting to see. I took the wife and kid with me to check it out and that was the absolute first thing we were all saying about it. Honestly, it is very, very close to my current boat in overall cabin height. Also, it feels like the windshield is at about waist height when standing at the helm. You'd have to be about 4'2" to be able to use the head without being a contortionist.
Whats the deal there? Friends of ours have a 1995 38, I was expecting something somewhat similar to that. I can just about stand up straight in their boat.

Thoughts, insight..............?

Was it a lighning or a fever? I think there is a major difference size n the cabin between those 2 models.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Was it a lighning or a fever? I think there is a major difference size n the cabin between those 2 models.
There was only one 42 back then, and even on the newer ones there isnt really any difference. Your friends 38 must be a SC since Fountains dont have tall cabins.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

Lightning, but fountain40icbm is right, there is only one 42 listed for that year.

I'll have to ask what model our friends is, I can tell you, the deck is super high in center, like an 8" ridge where the isle is.

Even the cockpit sits deep in the hull, like upper chest high at the front.

Quick Reply: 42 Lightning (Ebay)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.