Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
42 Lightning (Ebay) >

42 Lightning (Ebay)

Notices

42 Lightning (Ebay)

Old 01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

It has to be an SC. The only other 38 was the fever which is not anything you described.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, as you can tell, I am a little slow here......

They DO have a sport cruiser, I guess I should have picked up on the context clues (vacuflush, shower, water heater, genny, etc).

Schew, they command a price too, a quick search is showing a few mid 90's models in the $105K range....
Old 01-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Registered

No wonder the wife likes our boat so much....she's only 5'
Attached Thumbnails 42 Lightning (Ebay)-candi2.jpg  

Last edited by Back4More; 01-07-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
No wonder the wife likes our boat so much....she's only 5'

and we all know how tall Reggie is........

and BTW "the wife'' is looking quite gorgeous there B4M......my compliments to your "captain"
Old 01-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The engines are definitly 502's, you can tell by the valve covers and they have the fuel pumps mounted on the sea pump. A 502's don't have a spot on the block for a fuel pump.

The cabin on a 42 is generally the same size as a 38 as far as the length and none of them are really known to have any head room. If you want head room look for a Cig, Black Thunder , Active Thunder, Donzi, to name a few.

The speed thing I wouldn't go by what anyone says till you see it for yourself , people are always going to tell you what it did one that perfect day , not the average. You don't seem to be concerned with that so it is a moot point. My 38 I have the performance report from Fountain and it was 68.5mph at 5250 rpm and that had 420's and TRS drives so 70 was possible nut 76 I wouldn't really think so.

Just my input and I'm no Expert just been around all different types for alot of years, I started young.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
The engines are definitly 502's, you can tell by the valve covers and they have the fuel pumps mounted on the sea pump. A 502's don't have a spot on the block for a fuel pump.

The cabin on a 42 is generally the same size as a 38 as far as the length and none of them are really known to have any head room. If you want head room look for a Cig, Black Thunder , Active Thunder, Donzi, to name a few.

The speed thing I wouldn't go by what anyone says till you see it for yourself , people are always going to tell you what it did one that perfect day , not the average. You don't seem to be concerned with that so it is a moot point. My 38 I have the performance report from Fountain and it was 68.5mph at 5250 rpm and that had 420's and TRS drives so 70 was possible nut 76 I wouldn't really think so.

Just my input and I'm no Expert just been around all different types for alot of years, I started young.
Bow tie 502 has the fuel pump boss on the block.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

Crate motors wouldn't be Bow ties and who would waste the time building a 502 bow tie anyhow.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Crate motors wouldn't be Bow ties and who would waste the time building a 502 bow tie anyhow.
Don't get offended. I was just bustin your chops. The bow tie I have was actually a 502 before I got it. Go figure.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

Well, I have looked at a few BT's. Actually started this search pretty much fixed on Black Thunder. Once I started to get the feeling that anything worth having was going to be in the high $100's, low $200's range, (as in, twice what I paid for our first house), my search was cut short. Prices start to get out of my desired range also with Cig's. Truth is, I am going to have to wait until at least this time next year to get more serious.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PJDiesel
Well, I have looked at a few BT's. Actually started this search pretty much fixed on Black Thunder. Once I started to get the feeling that anything worth having was going to be in the high $100's, low $200's range, (as in, twice what I paid for our first house), my search was cut short. Prices start to get out of my desired range also with Cig's. Truth is, I am going to have to wait until at least this time next year to get more serious.
Don't give up , its kinda like dating you'll find something when you least expect it. The Active Thunders are really a great value for what you get, nice amount of room, great styling and performance

Quick Reply: 42 Lightning (Ebay)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.