Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
42 Fountain Triples to Stagered Twins >

42 Fountain Triples to Stagered Twins

Notices

42 Fountain Triples to Stagered Twins

Old 10-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what something like this costs.

I'm currently looking for a 47 with big staggered power, but am finding allot of triple 47 for sale.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Message Me Your Number & I Will Call You. We Have Done Quite A Few In The Past Couple Of Months.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mapism
Are you sure it is?
Afaik, the structural strength of any GRP moulded part is higher when fabricated as a whole from the start.
Just think of the frayed edges of the mat, all interlinked and glued together by the resin during the lamination, throughout the whole thickness: such structural strength is lost where big holes are cut inside the same part, and re-filling/glueing them again can't bring it back completely.
That was the reason for my previous comment.
But maybe I'm missing something...?
I agree that cutting big holes in a part does reduce strength. And I agree that if its not done properly, a fix can be worse than new.

However, you must get quality people to do any work on your boat. That holds true for glass work too.

Reggie has been known to change steps and angles of race boat bottoms overnight between races. So yes, it can be done, and the result can be as light and strong as new.