Rubrail replacement project/questions.

Notices

Rubrail replacement project/questions.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie Fountain
What's Your 29 Run? I Would Think In The 90 Mph Range.
Reggie, It will run 85-86 GPS with the boat fully loaded and full of fuel. I have never run it without all the gear and low on fuel so I do not know those numbers.The boat weighs about 8500lbs fully geared up (anchor, coolers, all my extra stuff, full tank of gas). I am running the B&M 250 EFI blowers at 3-4 PSI of boost. Right now I can spin either my 30p (5250rpm) or 32P (5000rpm) Bravo 1s. I am going to send my blowers off to be serviced for a rebuild this winter and I am also looking at adding some IMCO -2 shorties. I need to get rid of the stock exhaust to shed a few pounds as well. The engines run great and have been very reliable so I am hesitant to change the setup that much. I would like to get it into the 90s without going up in boost if possible. I talked to Mark at precision Marine and there are not many folks out there that can reprogram my ECUs for the smaller pulley's. I am also leary of running more boost because of the ethanol gas.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You going to have enough glass between all those holes so the hull don't split going dot to dot?
Old 10-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
You going to have enough glass between all those holes so the hull don't split going dot to dot?
should be good....filled all the holes with Marine Tex.....sandable, drillable actually stronger than glass.....will have a clean sheet when Im done.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie Fountain
Those Are Fun Boats. Put Some Big Power In It & It Becomes A Rocket.
I had the boat for awhile then kind of tried to copy the 29 twin 377 Scorpion package.....all reports say those things went really well......Im a bit short on HP though.....Im making about 330 hp/side @4800.....the engines are 010 block 355s, bowtie heads, steel cranks.....the cams are very mild.....Id like to change to much hotter cams rev to 55 or 6 and make 425/450

you gave me an excuse to post a pik....
Attached Thumbnails Rubrail replacement project/questions.-purple.jpg   Rubrail replacement project/questions.-dsc01248.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Very Nice.