Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Pier57 must be doing gd >

Pier57 must be doing gd

Notices

Pier57 must be doing gd

Old 05-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You must have caught them at a bad time because myself, mark with the new 38 mti, nor Gerald (42 fountain) have ever had any issues with Scott and his team. It's a busy time of year. I know the pier57 crew has a busy weekend ahead of them so give it until the first of next week and I'm certain someone will be in touch.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I have bought boats from them and I can't say enough good things. Everybody has an employee miss a message or drop the ball but I can assure you that they have great customer service and go that extra mile for their customers. I also know Scott personally and he is a credit to the marine industry!!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Registered

Very suprised to hear this. I recently purchased a 38 Fountain from them and without going into the details, I had some things going on personally that delayed the date I was able to take deilvery and pay in full for the boat. When I first talked with Scott and explained, he showed interest and spent the next several weeks, along with Ashley, in close communication with me. I still have yet to visit their facility or meet in person but I can tell you I have had enough phone time with them I feel like I have. It was a very easy transaction and delivery once we got there. They helped me in all aspects of getting the boat, very turn key. Could not have been more pleased at prep work and additions they made to boat. I saw where Scott posted for you to call him direct. I would take him up on that!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I've done several deals with Scott and he's always been honest and answered any questions I've had.

Give him a call you won't be disappointed.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Scott, in my experience, has always carried an honest and integritous way of doing business with his reputation. I would not hesitate doing business with him... David Woods is the person who sold me the boat, advertised as having "fresh" motors, which, after commenting one motor had an issue, and it was " diagnosed" by Pier 57 as the only problem was a bad starter, turned out to have TWO INTERNALLY ROTTED motors, one which was leaking water and rusted the starter!

David Woods is the one I have heard from others had similar experiences to mine... not Sjogren. Hope that clarifies things a bit.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

I bought my last DCB from them and they are nothing but great people. I deal with Carry only. He worked hard to get me a deal on my boat. I would not take it personally because it must have been a mistake. Talking trash on the internet about a company that has a great reputation is pretty harsh. I understand your frustration but I dont think they deserve a blast for a few missed calls, you never know why or what happened. I see Scott replied and im sure he will make it right for you. In this boating community there are only a handful of trustworthy dealerships and they are on the top of the list in my eyes.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Registered

Peir 57 has sold 3 boats for me..1 before the merger and 2 after. I can tell you they are one of the best to deal with in the industry. Very easy to do business with from a sellers perspective, and heard nothing but great things from a buyers perspective.

I am sure once you speak with Scott, Greg, or any member of his team, you will feel the same way.

As a business owner myself, I would encourage you to post your expierence after you have spoken to them. We all work hard on our maitaining a good reputation....
Old 05-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

My guess is they were in the middle of hauling most of the team and promo trailer to Chattanooga.

Whoever was left behind maybe just got over tasked. It happens.

All of my dealings, emails and calls, have been prompt and efficiently returned.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Bought 2 boats from them without any issues. David, Cary and the rest of the team has been awesome to deal with. Not sure I would buy anywhere else.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:21 AM
zrx
Registered

It's good to see that the majority of the responses on the post are positive and favorable. There is always two sides to every story and posting up a bunch of drama does this industry no good.

As mentioned before, Scott posted up to the OP to contact him personally. I would argue if you talked to 100 or more of the customers from Pier 57 North and South the majority would agree that David Woods and Scott Sjogren worked hard to make the purchase and or service experience a favorable one.

Now turn off the stupid computer and let's go burn some gas!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.