Those who tow their 42

Notices

Those who tow their 42

Old 04-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Freedom?
Whether or not it's a commercial vehicle is not relevant, at least in IL. Laws may vary from state to state but in IL Mike38Scarab is correct, you cannot legally drive a vehicle with a GVWR in excess of 16K lbs or tow a trailer with a GVWR greater than 10K lbs with a class D license, which is what you are issued to drive a car. The laws are very clear and can be found at https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/p...s/dsd_x142.pdf.. In fact the back of your IL class D driver license specifically states the maximum GVWR is 16K lbs. It's not hard to get the correct classification and is way less expensive than the fines. The only exception (besides being a farmer or firefighter) would be to have RV plates on the trailer and truck. I'm not interested in debating whether or not my 42' Fountain is an RV with a State Trooper so I took the test and got a class A license, which covers a GVWR in excess of 26K lbs and trailer GVWR of greater than 10K lbs. Just because you've been "towing for years without an issue" doesn't make it legal. And, I'm just not that lucky...

GF?
I won't argue with you that you need a different class of DRIVERS LIC, you do in PA also, but try and go the DMV and get one they don't know WTF you are talking about I will argue with anyone and that includes the State Police that you need a Class A CDL to haul your personal boat around no matter what it weighs, I know the laws since I am a CDL driver and do this for my business, there is a big difference of a different class drivers lic vs a Commercial drivers lic, and what that requires of the driver
You wanna know the true laws go ask the Federal DOT guys at a weigh station not the State Police they interpret the law they way they want and the local police as well
The RV business would go out of business if everyone needed CDL's, that 80 year old grand pa and grand ma isn't getting under a 33,000 GVWR bus and doing a pre trip inspection !!!!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 618 Likes on 249 Posts

Personally I don't get the it's too big to tow b.i.t.c.h I hear on here all the time.

What a bunch of phukin Sally's

I used to haul my 13000 on the trailer parasail boat daily that drafted almost 4 feet with a single inboard diesel driving a large wheel hanging 2 feet under it with a half ton van.

Hauled the thing back and forth on 400 mile round trips numerous times with nothing but surge brakes running 70 down I-75.

You guys are hauling barely over that weight with 1 ton diesels or better with boats sitting 2 feet lower on the trailer with electric over hydraulic brakes.

Back of the line Susan. Learn how to haul a boat, that's right you can't ,because you don't have a Pair Jolene.

And I much rather back up a 50 foot triple axle up a dark steep drive than my little Chitty 16 foot sailboat trailer that you can't see and swings from side to side with the twitch of the wheel.

Phukin Cheryl's

Did any of you grow up with a dad ? Or did your mother teach you how to drive?

Phukin pathetic

Last edited by tommymonza; 04-24-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Personally I don't get the it's too big to tow b.i.t.c.h I hear on here all the time.

I used to haul my 13000 on the trailer parasail boat daily that drafted almost 4 feet with a single inboard diesel driving a large wheel hanging 2 feet under it with a half ton van.

Hauled the thing back and forth on 400 mile round trips numerous times with nothing but surge brakes running 70 down I-75.

You guys are hauling barely over that weight with 1 ton diesels or better with boats sitting 2 feet lower on the trailer with electric over hydraulic brakes.

Back of the line Susan. Learn how to haul a boat, that's right you can't ,because you don't have a Pair Jolene.

And I much rather back up a 50 foot triple axle up a dark steep drive than my little Chitty 16 foot sailboat trailer that you can't see and swings from side to side with the twitch of the wheel.

Phukin Cheryl's
Hey uncle Rico w ur half ton Van.....if coach would of put u in....u would of won state.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,132 Likes on 478 Posts

Sometimes during high season, I even hauled with the chute deployed and paying customers 300' up in the air!
Hey Superman, you forgot one line so I added it for you.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRL505
Hey uncle Rico w ur half ton Van.....if coach would of put u in....u would of won state.
You guys probably learned how to back up a trailer from your Gay Uncle because your dad left your mom because you were such a little cry baby because he took your training wheels off your bike when you were 5.

And I drove a van so I could Have sex with your sister in the back of it , because Rumor was she didn't lay down in pickups.

Now get back on your tricycle Margret

Last edited by tommymonza; 04-25-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
Hey Superman, you forgot one line so I added it for you.
Hey I only did that when I was dreaming, tripping balls on NyQuil.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:22 PM
Registered

Hey I only did that when I was dreaming, tripping balls on NyQuil.
And we didn't ask for any of your Guff from the other side of the world Kaitlynn
Old 04-24-2017, 10:59 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 524 Posts

Wow, this thread got entertaining.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Wow, this thread got entertaining.
Buncha Phukin Elizabeth's on here.

They don't want to tow anything over 20 foot with anything but a 3500 series on a clear dry day because they are afraid they might soil their pink panties otherwise.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:13 PM
Registered

I know a 1 ton Duramaxxs pulls a old resin bucket 38 top gun like its not even behind you.

So unless your towing a 47 apache with triples or a big cat on a tilt trailer, what's the problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.