Vacu flush toilet >

Vacu flush toilet

Notices

Vacu flush toilet

Old 10-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacu flush toilet

The flushing water [ for wee only ] stopped making it to the toilet. Does the water come from the water holding tank or back at the pump itself, ther seems to be a little holding tank at the pump. Thanks in advance for any help Daryl
Old 10-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vacu flush toilet

What type of boat??

Ours come from the fresh water tank.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:27 AM
Registered

It is a 1999 42 Fountain
Old 12-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Registered

The water comes from the holding tank. The small "tank" by the pump is an accumulator tank that is pressurized with air. It allows steady water flow without working the pump every 5 seconds.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Registered

Fresh water flushes the vacu-flush head. On the 2005, my pedal doesn't pull up to fill like they say. I have to push down part way.

The system seems to work great. It's worth swallowing your pride and reading over the dreaded "instructions" on this thing. It's not all obvious how it works.

Good luck - Jerry
Old 03-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

I know this is an old thread but i need to learn about the vaccuum flush system. My 47 doesnt seem to have any holding capacity, almost like there is no tank, just lines. Its a 97 so it must have a tank but i dont know where it is. The water supply comes from its own thru hull, not the tank like others have said on this post.

Does anyone have instructions?
Old 03-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by snapcracklepop
I know this is an old thread but i need to learn about the vaccuum flush system. My 47 doesnt seem to have any holding capacity, almost like there is no tank, just lines. Its a 97 so it must have a tank but i dont know where it is. The water supply comes from its own thru hull, not the tank like others have said on this post.

Does anyone have instructions?
I have the same system. flush water is pulled via a thru hull on the hull bottom and a macerator pump and eventually into the holding tank.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Registered

Your right, its a macerator not a vac flush, sorry

Is there 1 line from toilet to tank and another from tank to cleanout or just 1 line with a T?

Is there a valve to close toilet line at pump out to prevent vaccuum leak at toilet?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by snapcracklepop
Your right, its a macerator not a vac flush, sorry

Is there 1 line from toilet to tank and another from tank to cleanout or just 1 line with a T?

Is there a valve to close toilet line at pump out to prevent vaccuum leak at toilet?
Don't remember the routing and I have the boat in winter storage now so can't check it either.
ed
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

EDIT: I am sorry for the long post, I started typeing and explaining and then realized i was way to in depth, but who knows someone might need it.

Your Vacu flush works one of 2 way 99% of the time.

1. Freshwater tank, pump/accumulator, that feeds all feash water and a line to the head.
Head then uses fresh water to flush and is sucked to the holding tank.
2.Pump connected to through hull fitting, that feeds head river/ocean water to flush with, and then the head pumps to holding tank/ masarator

Most vacu flush systems have 2 holding tanks. technically speaking. the first is the VACUUM Generator. its a small tank, that is where the vacuum is built up at, with the pump sitting on top. similar to the picture below. The pump sucks the waste through to Duck bill valves (allowing a vacuum to be built up in between the head and the small tank), and then pushes it through two more duck bills on the back side keeping the holding tank from back up tot he pump its self. So a vacuum is built up, you flush/open the valve at the head, and everything is sucked into the first little tank at the vacuum generator, and you here the little pump going. While its creating the vacuum for your next flush its, also pumping the waste it grabbed the last time thought the duck bills, the pump, and then the other ducks, and then to the waste tank. The poop/paper, what ever is actually snowshed and pumped thought a plunger style pump, that is driven like a old school choo choo train arm connected tot he motor.

once a certain level of vacuum has been reached, a plunger style switch is triggered as the vacuum is pulling the plunger away from the switch. Below pic is the switch its self. This is also the MOST COMMON problem with a constantly running vacu flush pump (that and lose of vacuum from a leak.) also note this is adjustable so you can select how much vacuum you system has. to much will splatter when you pp that valve at the head, to little does not suck your stuff all the way to the tank.

the duck bill valves i was talking about 2 on each side of the pump, as these wear out they dont seal good and thus you loose your vacum faster. triggering the system to kick on again.

Last edited by mittens; 03-04-2013 at 10:37 AM.