Notices

Roll Call

Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Specialized
Thanks Bob, we will miss you too. I just thought with our illustrious leader leaving us for the summer, I would see how much interest there would be in continuing the organized fun runs until your return. The Naples gang are pretty easy to find but not so sure about the Ft Myers guys as well as there seemed to be a few on the east coast that have either attended(the scarabs) or are wanting to(the guy still rigging his Pantera)

BTW We are looking to put get the boat wet next weekend(finallly) how goes it with the new engine?

John
Glad to hear you will soon be on the water, John. New engine is in Texas getting machine work done. Other parts are arriving at Ron Potters shop daily. It is going to be tight for the 5th but we knew that.
Also glad to see you take the initiative to keep FMO alive and well. There seems to be both the interest and the bodies to keep doing things this summer. Not all runs need to be huge affairs. Some of our best ones were with 8 or 10 boats.
I am driving a car north right now but come back to Marco next Thurs. 3rd. till the 8th when I will do PRA Ft Myers poker run. Hope to see as many of you as I can before my summer break. ( did I say break ? LOL )
Bob
Old 04-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by crsnang
what have you noticed as the biggest difference?
Well for me there are a few big differences.
First is that back home I had about 5 or 6 good friends that were all around my age (I'm 26) that had performance boats and I used to meet up with them every weekend. I have found out that most performance boaters down here are a little older 35+.
Back home we pulled up on the beach for the weekend and camped over on the boats from Friday to Sunday. Down here with the tides and the heat you wouldn't want to camp out. So we just usually anchor out in front of fort myers beach, picnic island or charley's pass.
I find myself going out for luch and dinner alot by boat. there are alot of fun places to eat that are a nice boat ride away.

Attached are two pictures from back on the st. criox and a couple from fort myers beach to show you the differences. I miss being up in MN but once the cold weather comes I would rather be here!
Attached Thumbnails Roll Call-p7040016.jpg   Roll Call-p7040015.jpg   Roll Call-p1010001.jpg  

Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Posters

Jayboat,

I want both or your posters need a litttle help in ordering them.

Saw your new site lote of luck you deserve it.

Please send me PM with a cell # so I can give you a call.

Thank You
John
THUNDER BOAT ROW
Old 04-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dgduck13
Well for me there are a few big differences.
First is that back home I had about 5 or 6 good friends that were all around my age (I'm 26) that had performance boats and I used to meet up with them every weekend. I have found out that most performance boaters down here are a little older 35+.
Back home we pulled up on the beach for the weekend and camped over on the boats from Friday to Sunday. Down here with the tides and the heat you wouldn't want to camp out. So we just usually anchor out in front of fort myers beach, picnic island or charley's pass.
I find myself going out for luch and dinner alot by boat. there are alot of fun places to eat that are a nice boat ride away.

Attached are two pictures from back on the st. criox and a couple from fort myers beach to show you the differences. I miss being up in MN but once the cold weather comes I would rather be here!
I see you have a 38 Formula. I have another thread going on the general discussion asking what is a good 30 ft. offshore rig. I think I need to "upgrade" my 24 ft. to something a little bigger...how do you like the Formula's ride in the rough stuff?
Old 04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by crsnang
I see you have a 38 Formula. I have another thread going on the general discussion asking what is a good 30 ft. offshore rig. I think I need to "upgrade" my 24 ft. to something a little bigger...how do you like the Formula's ride in the rough stuff?
Yeah I might be alittle bias on this subject but I love my formula. But between my father and I we have owned three other formulas.
He owned a
1989 242 LS
1989 272 SR1 (which he brought down to cape coral four years ago)
I owned a
1991 311 SR1 (It's the one posted in the first picture, which I brought down with me two years ago, and a friend still has it today in the cape)
They are not the fastest boat on the water but they do handle the big water well!

From what I learned from boating down here is that you don't need the biggest boat to enjoy your self. There are so many places that you can go when it gets rough on the gulf. Now with that said I would look for a boat that is at least 29 ft. I would also recommend getting a boat with twins just in case one goes down you can still get home. But for the time being your 24ft would do just fine down here!

Like cars and trucks it is all personal preference, find one that fits your budget and feels good to you and enjoy!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Hey Everybody,
I would be option ... F lol
I live here full time, but work in Louisiana. Yes, I commute, but only once a month. 28 days on, 14 off.
I am looking forward to the summer season. The motor is almost done, adding a few more ponies, and hope to make the canoe races before I head back to work.
If there is a function and I'm not at work, I will be there!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Glad to hear you will soon be on the water, John. New engine is in Texas getting machine work done. Other parts are arriving at Ron Potters shop daily. It is going to be tight for the 5th but we knew that.
Also glad to see you take the initiative to keep FMO alive and well. There seems to be both the interest and the bodies to keep doing things this summer. Not all runs need to be huge affairs. Some of our best ones were with 8 or 10 boats.
I am driving a car north right now but come back to Marco next Thurs. 3rd. till the 8th when I will do PRA Ft Myers poker run. Hope to see as many of you as I can before my summer break. ( did I say break ? LOL )
Bob
I am very excited about getting back in the water it is almost like getting a new boat again. Thanks also for the rides while our boat was down. Hope I can return the favor someday. As far as the runs go, it does seem like there is a good amount of interest in continuing until your return which is great. It seems that the goup is almost developing a life of its own which is very cool. I wish you the best on getting everything back together before the poker run. I would be attending but will have to enter next year as Dave is taking the boat to Cocoa beach that weekend. He has some family and friends coming in from out of state. Are you gone after the 8th for the summer? If so we should maybe get together at the Cabana before you head up.

John
Old 04-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Registered

John,
Sounds like a great idea. What day and what time?
Terry
Old 04-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Here today, there tomorrow

My wife and I live in Cape Coral year 'round, but I travel for a living. I have enough control of my schedule to get time off for poker runs that I know about in advance. Unfortunately, our fun runs tend to be arranged on much shorter notice and it is sheer luck of the draw for me to be home for one. When I can make it, I can always take more crew - our 43 Nor-Tech has room for 8 or 9 very friendly people. (See the April issue of Hot Boat Magazine).
Old 04-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Registered

John,

Thanks for adding a special category especially for me!

Quick Reply: Roll Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.