Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Important message to all my FMO friends.  Please read. >

Important message to all my FMO friends. Please read.

Notices

Important message to all my FMO friends. Please read.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I said that in the other thread- not as well but the same point.

Bunch of people go boating, follow each other around and end up at the same place.

Charge admission to a private party where everyone ends up and have a charity accept donations for a poker hand. Hand out cards to whoever buys a hand, hand out drinks and food to whomever buys a ticket to the private party and hand the rest to the charity.

Can it be set up where each "thing" is it's own entity?
"handing out drinks" brings up another huge liability issue all of its own.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airpacker
"handing out drinks" brings up another huge liability issue all of its own.

Not if the restaurant is "selling" drinks, then it falls on their liability, so long as we are there "on our own"
Old 01-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooo....Can we still meet for drinks at the Cabana Bar?????
Old 01-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Registered

Thank You Bob. You are a Champion for FMO.
I hope that something can be worked out.
But if not, ...
Still need to go somewhere for lunch by boat.

As for the reasons that this is happening, ...
It is to bad in todays society, that we as adults can not accept responsibility for our actions. And to make a bad situation worse, there are vulture attorney's that prey on these circumstances. Will our society ever "Grow Up?"

I vote for ...
Still reading the "Voters" pamphlet.

Last edited by pashn8boater; 01-09-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

Maybe the best thing to do as some have eluded to is to set up lunch get togethers and everyone gets there however they get there ie. by car, by boat. if some end up running together on the way there then so be it. Bob I have said this before to you but I really think that the comradery that occurs at the luncheons and friendships developed are the true benefit of any of our runs. Hell when we run I only am with the pack for about 2-3 minutes anyway. We can definately figure this out. In flying clubs that I have run with we would have pankake breakfasts where a destination was selected and everyone met there. No liability for an organizer for crashes on the way there that I know of

John

Last edited by Specialized; 01-09-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Registered

Like we started out, a few guys going out to have a grouper sandwich.

No harm in a few boats hooking up to run together. Eliminate the mass start at a common meeting point, set a time for lunch and for those who need help with navigation etc arrangements can be made for them to follow somebody. No different than several cars following each other to dinner.

The days of 20-40 boats running together would be over.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm all for keeping it simple and selecting a lunch stop to ultimately meet at, whether by boat or car. I've got the slowest boat anyway. The most enjoyable part for me is crushing some nasty seas, then looking at all the hardware tied up a the docks; I feel like I'm at the Miami boat show.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by US MUSL
I'm all for keeping it simple and selecting a lunch stop to ultimately meet at, whether by boat or car. I've got the slowest boat anyway. The most enjoyable part for me is crushing some nasty seas, then looking at all the hardware tied up a the docks; I feel like I'm at the Miami boat show.
What engines do you have and what is your top speed? We were in the 382 Formula when you were on your way into marco and we were on our way out... Your boat sounded SWEEEET, looked really good too!!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US MUSL
I don't think so!!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Bob I wold like to thank you for your huge contributions to FMO, your willingness to help, teach, and befriend anybody around you is both admirable and inspiring.

I have had a few conversations with you and others about how to solve this problem. I will continue to think with others about coming up with a solution. Until then I guess we are just a group of friends going boating together on any given
day.

Thanks again Bob for your past leadership.
Aaron Wolf.

Quick Reply: Important message to all my FMO friends. Please read.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.