Notices

No.6 Spacers

Old 05-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: No.6 Spacers

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
we are running the scs shiftable boxes on a big power 36 nortech (1400+hp)these thing are awsome they shift just like butter get it up on plane and just hammer it!!!! no slip and your not worried about the trannie giving out
Nice!
Old 05-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

we are running the scs shiftable boxes on a big power 36 nortech (1400+hp)these thing are awsome they shift just like butter get it up on plane and just hammer it!!!! no slip and your not worried about the trannie giving out
They shift just like a transmission, with the motor running??
Old 05-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Who sells them? What do they run $$ Approx?
Old 05-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

That's what TNT is installing on my 46 Skater. I like to run hard and have smoked 6ea BAM 1450 dry sumps in the last 40 hours or so of running the boat. They usually smoke in 3 to 4s with drives below neutral running hard but safe,much slower than racing. Trannies are great but apparently there is a limit on what they can take.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Who sells them? What do they run $$ Approx?
Go by TNT Monday and tell Johnny, Mike or Gary that you would like to see FREEDOM US1 ( Jim Lees boat). Johnny is going to test the boat Monday and it will be on the road Tuesday. Let me know how it looks. If its OK with Johnny its OK with me if you go on the test run and see how they work. At that point you can ask him how much they cost and we'll both know. Hardware only costs around 20000.00
Old 05-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

I would like to know more about the shiftable crash boxes. We have Bams transmission that have been working great. We also have a pair of B&M 2 speeds we were thinging about using but decided not to. We have been dialing it in for the last month. The acceleration is incredable. We think the drives might be a tiny bit high. We are still getting a lot of slip. We hit the rev limiters really quick. When we start trimming iit out and getting into the 140's the boat tends to hook to the right and the steering gets a little loose. We think the spacers will help and we just traded out 17" props for 16.5" diameter.
Are you turning in or out. Sounds like your turning out.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:41 AM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: No.6 Spacers

They shift just like a transmission, with the motor running??
yes just like a drysump bam they take a little getting use to there is a slight delay after you move the handle but once you get it you will never go back... john pompi at marine performance did the nortech he's in port orange south of daytona the hardware was less than $20,000... there is only one safe way to go in a big hp cat and this is it good luck
Old 05-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

yes just like a drysump bam they take a little getting use to there is a slight delay after you move the handle but once you get it you will never go back... john pompi at marine performance did the nortech he's in port orange south of daytona the hardware was less than $20,000... there is only one safe way to go in a big hp cat and this is it good luck
I'm glad you like your set up. Trannies were my weak lenk, I look forward to running the boat with out smoking trannies. Your right, they are less than 20000.00 but thats the ball park once its all said and done.