Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Holiday Weekend Boating: Accidents and Incidents Thread (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104299-holiday-weekend-boating-accidents-incidents-thread.html)

Sydwayz 05-31-2005 12:32 PM

Re: Holiday Weekend Boating: Accidents and Incidents Thread

Somethng happened in Woodbridge VA, yesterday too. I saw the ambulances and patrol boats at Leesylvania State Park. I was just dropping off a passenger, and the rain was starting so I was in and out quick and did not get details.

docmanrich37 05-31-2005 07:16 PM

A bad accident at 6 pm sat. a jet skier hit a small boat and cut it half.the 23 yr.old was killed on the ski and not sure about the people on the boat.they,we or somebody has to do something about the jet ski accidents.band all jet skis is my 2cents.

sommerfliesby 05-31-2005 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
band all jet skis is my 2cents.

I've been jet skiing over half my life. Took the Coast Guard Safety course at age 11 so I COULD ride, and I tell you, I remember that stuff even now at 30. Rather than generalizing a complaint like that, why wouldn't you just say "Make them all get licensed." That'd solve some probs right there. Otherwise, guess what the next thing to be banned on the waterways would be....IT AIN"T GONNA BE THE SAILBOTES! There's more accidents because there's a lot more of them...they're cheap and anyone with a brainstem and a thumb can operate one.

my 2 cents

Sydwayz 05-31-2005 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
"Make them all get licensed."

Its not going to fix enough of the problems. I would venture to say that 70% or better of the accidents involve those who are just handed a PWC in one fashion or another, be it at a gathering with 20 folks and two folks bring skis, or rentals, or some combination thereof. I did it ONCE; handed my ski to a couple of folks who had no idea what they were doing or the danger they were placing themselves and others in. I never made that mistake again. From then on out, if you wanted to ride the ski, I was driving it, or I was on the back, period. I got so burned out on recreational riding of PWC, that I got into racing. That's a whole other issue in itself. Talk about soap-opera fueds on water. I am so glad I am now into powerboating where we all get along. :D :D

docmanrich37 05-31-2005 09:18 PM

Make them get license to drive a jet ski.as i was writing that statement i was looking out the window watching a small outboard boat riding in circles so that their friend could jump their wake with the ski 20' from my dock and guess what the ski hit the side of the boat.guess what they just got back on the ski and did it again.

JCPERF 06-05-2005 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by MnFastBoat
And I am not doubting that one bit.

What I do doubt is the fact of testing ones boat while consuming alcohol
either as a passenger or the driver.

Tested a boat with a customer and took me for a couple of beers.Is that a crime?I was not driving.So what is your point?

open87 06-05-2005 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Tested a boat with a customer and took me for a couple of beers.Is that a crime?I was not driving.So what is your point?

at least ya got to finish making this :evilb: :D :D

stecz20 06-05-2005 09:30 PM

yes jc, yes it was a crime.. im sure you were drinking that crap you like... you need to consume something that tells a little something about yourself, or hide the fact that you live in zuls bathroom... scumbag.... call me i need you.... stecz

offshoredrillin 06-06-2005 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by stecz20
call me i need you.... stecz

what kind of homo crap is this?

OldSchool 06-06-2005 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
what kind of homo crap is this?

What a ***!!!!

I drank a few beers on the water yesterday. :drink: :drink:

But I wasn't driving!!!