Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A thread for the boatless (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105839-thread-boatless.html)

Cash Bar 06-18-2005 12:46 PM

Re: A thread for the boatless

Lost my TopGun backm to original owner in The National Marine Fiasco.

I want to buy a new boat, but the Legal Mess is just stating to gain speed. I still have an open loan on a boat I don't(never did) own. This is the biggest hurdle so far.

Plus, National was the SECOND dealer to rip me off in 18 months. Maybe I should learn from this and just hang with all of you.

Greg

CMG 06-18-2005 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR

I want to buy a new boat, but the Legal Mess is just stating to gain speed. I still have an open loan on a boat I don't(never did) own. This is the biggest hurdle so far.

Plus, National was the SECOND dealer to rip me off in 18 months. Maybe I should learn from this and just hang with all of you.

Greg

:( :(

I should delete my moans and groans.

Greg, I've read about your issue in other threads, is there any resolve pending??

Cash Bar 06-18-2005 01:03 PM

Thanks for the thought CMG.

No resolve so far. I have a lawyer(our very own Donz) that is very good at this type of litigation. I trust him completely with my interest. The tough part is letting it play out while I sit in the house on weekend while Summer slips away.

Luckily, because of people on this site, I seem to always have a boat ride somewhere. The Lucky Strike clan gave me a seat for Jacksonville, and others have made offers for several other events.

I WILL get this done, just have to hope it all works out for the best.

Greg

Smarty 06-18-2005 01:12 PM

Boat? I go with my father, law school and divorce cost me what would have been a nice 35' Fountain. Oh well, in due time. The old man sold boat I have riding in the past 18 years with him, the Magnum (delivered it today), I will be boating in the Whaler, which is cool with me. A Phantom in the near future? Maybe.

magnum 06-18-2005 01:50 PM

Ok,it's time for me to admit it.I own a trailer queen!Been 4 years since I bought my 260 stinger with no motors and i'm still working on it.What's the record?Am I close?Every year it seems something comes up that either eats up my boat money or time.Right now I'm putting the second motor in my truck since I bought the boat.

el indio 06-18-2005 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR

Greg

that sucks cant even spend money without some culo jumping in your pocket...........magnum mark...........p.s. you got a ride with me..the donz is a good man you will prevail...........m.m.............

SUPERSTITIOUS 06-18-2005 02:23 PM

OK............OK..............I admit it I"m boatless................I dont even like to bring it up cause it brings me down.........................Here I sit and wait patiently as my boat is being built.............................At least from what others say I shoud be happy that I'm not waiting for a Pantera :eek:

bouyhunter 06-18-2005 07:25 PM

At least I'm not the only boatless fool that hangs out at this site.

buck183 06-18-2005 10:51 PM

Count me in.

I sold the Scarab last June. It's been a whole year now without going to the lake. What's really sad about this? This is the first time in my entire 35 years on earth that I have not spent almost EVERY weekend of the summer at the lake. Until last spring I have ALWAYS had something to go to the lake in. My parents put me on the boat Labor Day weekend after I was born and I haven't looked back since.

Is there a phone number I can call that offers some kind of support?

Buck

klmken 06-18-2005 11:58 PM

Boat's been dry since the October Richmond Radar Run 2002. New motor arrives tomorrow and the race is on for the 4th!!