Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Loto Vs The Great Lakes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105926-loto-vs-great-lakes.html)

delsol 06-20-2005 06:11 PM

Re: Loto Vs The Great Lakes

I've been to LOTO on July 4th and I've been St. Clair/ Erie,-- They are somewhat different :rolleyes:
Loto was probably the biggest/ best party on the water I have ever been at bar none--- think Jobbie nooner times 10+ with that many more women.
I still like PIB and Kellesys but you'd have to experience Loto to ever make a statement about it.
Now I want to hit Havasu :D

Mentalpause 06-20-2005 06:15 PM

I've boated both and agree with all the comments above. The only thing that bugged me about St Clair was the depth. It's much harder to find shallow water at LOTO.

carney 06-20-2005 07:16 PM

Does loto have a prker run and if so when and ,what is the entry fee.

dykstra 06-20-2005 07:21 PM

Loto :d

Sean H 06-20-2005 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by carney
Does loto have a prker run and if so when and ,what is the entry fee.

already happened, it was last weekend....

OU Want Some?!! 06-20-2005 07:33 PM

One word--- WEATHER.
we went to smoke on the water last year and plan to go back this year, but hearing the locals tell about their FIRST nice weekend (LOW 80's!), IN JULY...WHOA...big daddy, I would be moving SOUTH!!

haharun21 06-20-2005 07:50 PM

so uhh how fast do you think that skater 399 v at lcm with 1000sc s and #6 s is

woogie 06-20-2005 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by un ortho docs
One word--- WEATHER.
we went to smoke on the water last year and plan to go back this year, but hearing the locals tell about their FIRST nice weekend (LOW 80's!), IN JULY...WHOA...big daddy, I would be moving SOUTH!!

Those Locals :D They always exaggerate and bs visitors about there being only 2 seasons - July and Winter. The boating season is actually much shorter that - begins when you can dive in without your manhood disappearing... Should be good for Smoke - have had plenty of 90's so far and the water is getting soft. low 60's water temp at Holland, high 50's at GH and almost 70 S. of Saugatuck - just watch out in the deep end....

OU Want Some?!! 06-20-2005 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by woogie
Those Locals :D They always exaggerate and bs visitors about there being only 2 seasons - July and Winter. The boating season is actually much shorter that - begins when you can dive in without your manhood disappearing... Should be good for Smoke - have had plenty of 90's so far and the water is getting soft. low 60's water temp at Holland, high 50's at GH and almost 70 S. of Saugatuck - just watch out in the deep end....

.....O-----K.....we'll STILL go. Had a GREAT time last year, just a little chilly, (a jacket in the goody bag!!). Need more heat and humidity!!

BLee 06-21-2005 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by un ortho docs
.....O-----K.....we'll STILL go. Had a GREAT time last year, just a little chilly, (a jacket in the goody bag!!). Need more heat and humidity!!

Yeah I agree. The weather would drive me insane up there. SOTW is my clear 2nd favorite Poker Run. The 1st obviously being Key West for the races and all out blast it produces. (Oh, and it's warm! :D )

I am pumped about SOTW this year. :cool: