Like Tree0Likes

Cat vs. V

Old 08-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Registered

Default Re: Cat vs. V

[QUOTE=ECeptor]Did it get smoother as you went faster or just get rediculous?[/QUOTE I could not get going fast. Kept launching and stuffing.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1989 Chaparral Villain III

[QUOTE=gsmith9898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECeptor
Did it get smoother as you went faster or just get rediculous?[/QUOTE I could not get going fast. Kept launching and stuffing.

I was wonder how a Daytona 25 would do in the Channel. A guy here at work is selling his Scarab 28' and getting a 35-38'er so he can run the channel on busy weekends. He said even his 28'er is too rough at times.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by art kern
Dude I Have Been In Both . I Can Tell Tou That A Cat Is A Much Better Ride , It Is Like Rideing A Dirt Bike , Pack Air In The Tunnel ,get On Top Of The Waves , And Skip Along On Top Of Them , Like Woop - De -do,s . I Have Rode In A Friends 21 Skater , In Three To Fours, Doing 85 , It Was Awsome . I Guess The Best Thing I Can Tell You About Cats , When In Doubt , Punch It .
there was a 32 spectre on loto a few months back that punched it while in the washing machine and it ended up one dead. When in doubt, slow down.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:22 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith9898
there was a 32 spectre on loto a few months back that punched it while in the washing machine and it ended up one dead. When in doubt, slow down.
you might want to recheck some of those facts....
Old 08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
you might want to recheck some of those facts....
sorry, it was a 36 spectre.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Registered

if your not experienced driver you should not own a cat or drive any boats near triple digits.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Registered

too many. That is why I say if you don't see well than don't drive at night and when it dought, slow down. Brakes don't work well on boat and if your driving a cat that is packing some air you well coast a LONG way.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:05 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith9898
sorry, it was a 36 spectre.
i was referring more to him"punching it"... were you there? i be interested in how he punched it and tried to grab chris at the same time..? i am not here to debate what carl did or did not do, but he had plenty of experience in high speed cats and knew how they reacted, that being said though, boats traveling at high rates of speed are more suspectible to accidents... especially in rough water.

and as art said, chop the throttles in a cat at high speed in rough water and hang on... been there, done that...learned my lesson...
Old 08-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Registered

All I was saying is that the mentality of when in doubt" PUNCH IT" is not something ( I ) think you should do when you fill in doubt. If I have to chose between cutting the throttle back or run over the boat that has turned in front of me, I will take my chances and pull the sticks back. I'm a insurance adjuster dealing with boat accidents and when I take statements there is very seldom that I don't hear the words "I thought". At triple digits things happen too fast. Each to there own but I don't take those chances. When I'm at grandlake or loto or any other lake I wear my life line and look for ideal conditions before I open up for any serious speed. If the conditions are not there than I cruise around and enjoy the lake.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:36 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

i think art was refering to punching it when it doubt of the water conditions, always keep the tips of the sponsons up.... i don't think he meant when it doubt of what to do, punch it... the best thing to do is the right thing, if you already have a gut reaction to do one thing in all circumstances, then you will have problems eventually, even if pulling back is your natural reaction.... what if somebody is coming up your stern at a high rate of speed? are you gonna pull it back? like you said, people need to know what to do and how to make their boat do it.... but even more importantly, you have to do it without thinking... and that is true if you are doing 50 or 150.... i think we agree on this, i was just taking exception to you throwing what happend with carl into this topic on which boat handles the water the best... you can have an accident in any kind of boat at any speed...