Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   cant beat a deal like this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/115490-cant-beat-deal-like.html)

seanv 11-24-2005 09:41 PM

Re: cant beat a deal like this

cat5 thanks for clearing that up.yes the house deal sounds closer to what we're dealing with. yes i signed an as is. it's a 2004 with 49hours thought i was safe.
and yes i hope this is cleared up "fair for both" like i said before im not asking for more than it should be. just pay to have the rebuilt by someone here and i'ld be extatic!

pullmytrigger 11-24-2005 10:17 PM

we'll all stay tuned.........

blownboat 11-25-2005 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Catagory5
Did anyone ever notice that every boat someone buys is a piece of cr*p and every boat they sell is perfect? :rolleyes:

God am I glad I'm out of that business!!!!!!! :woohoo:

No,I havnt noticed that,I bought a 28 daytona last year from enticer and I couldn't be happier,It is exactly what he stated it was....He didnt take pictures of the hours gauges with 49 hours on them and include them in the advertisement for the boat when in fact they probably had 400 hard hours! I THINK LAKE CUMBERLAND MARINE FALSE ADVERTISED! AND THEY SHOULD MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

blownboat 11-25-2005 02:58 AM

There might be 3 sides to every story but it seems pretty cut and dry........>>>>>>>>>Seanv paid x amount of money for a 2004 boat with 49 hours on it.. Thats not what he got.....And now he wants justice and thats would cost LAKE CUMBERLAND MARINE money....Of course Randy would think he is an a--- h----...... He doesnt want to make it right....It would be interesting to see the paperwork from the previous owner that lake cumberland marine recieved to see what year the motors said they were :rolleyes: These Dealerships make me laugh.The little bit of money it would take to make this right is cheap in the long run when your building a reputation :rolleyes: !

cuda 11-25-2005 06:56 AM

What if you went to Zales and bought a diamond, only to find out when you got home it was Cubic Zirconnia? I would expect Zales to know what the hell a diamond is, and stand behind it, just as I would expect LCM to know what the hell a 49 hour engine was.

pm203 11-25-2005 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
What if you went to Zales and bought a diamond, only to find out when you got home it was Cubi Zirconnia? I would expect Zales to know what the hell a diamond is, and stand behind it, just as I would expect LCM to know what the hell a 49 hour engine was.

I agree.

Comanche3Six 11-25-2005 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
What if you went to Zales and bought a diamond, only to find out when you got home it was Cubi Zirconnia? I would expect Zales to know what the hell a diamond is, and stand behind it, just as I would expect LCM to know what the hell a 49 hour engine was.

Great analogy!

Tazz 11-25-2005 09:17 AM

Why is everybody so quick to throw the dealer under the bus without hearing their side of the story first ? We don't know the whole story... Was it an as-is blow-out deal? What was the cause of the failure? Etc. Etc. Lake Cumberland did not manufacture the boat and motor, they are just a dealer. Maybe fingers should be pointed at the manufacturer.

RHC 11-25-2005 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tazz
Why is everybody so quick to throw the dealer under the bus without hearing their side of the story first ? We don't know the whole story... Was it an as-is blow-out deal? What was the cause of the failure? Etc. Etc. Lake Cumberland did not manufacture the boat and motor, they are just a dealer. Maybe fingers should be pointed at the manufacturer.

:D Well--- Now their is a new "Hound in the Race"" never thought of the Mfg. of Course ,, he did not buy the boat from the Mfg. now ,,, did he!! :rolleyes:

RHC

rush 11-25-2005 09:35 AM

Maybe LCM should come on here and give us their side of the story,they have done it before.