Notices

May need Legal Help in Fl.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: May need Legal Help in Fl.

Originally Posted by blume
always get a copy of the haulers insurance, very few carry over 250k coverage. You will spend more than $13,600.00 in attorney fees trying to get this settled, don't throw good money after bad.
This is what I'm afraid of!!!! In Florida would I be entitled to my expenses if I win?????
Old 11-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
This is what I'm afraid of!!!! In Florida would I be entitled to my expenses if I win?????

Unfortunately probably not. I learned the hard way that in order for your legal expenses to be covered, that has to be specifically written in the contract. And since you did it verbally over the phone you are probably SOL on that one. Sorry......
Old 11-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Registered

Contact the Hauler that you made the deal with. He may have subcontracted it out but your deal was with him. When he blows you off which he will, Contact the DOT and the State and and start with the people he answers to. That will get his attention. You will need all his info that you can gather but you have a shot at really screw up his day,week,month,year.
VeeCat
Old 11-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Banned

Once you get his ICC or DOT number we can go to work on him. First thing we will do is go on the SAFER web site and look up his whole history and insurance info. After you contact his insurance company then you will call the Florida DOT and let them know he is running for hire without the proper insurance on a subhauler. They will call him and make an appointment to see him. The will do a DOT inspection on his business and if he is using people to haul for him that are not legal they will fine hime and give him 30 days to comply. after that they will pull his authority to truck. Same with the Government DOT. they will also come down on him. You really need that ICC or DOT number. That is like his social security number for the business.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Banned

http://www.safersys.org/

this is the website for the government to see if they are legal.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Banned

the website can be confusing if you don't know how to use it so if you have any questions please call me
Old 11-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

Not sure how it works in Fl, Im not even 100% sure about Ohio law, but years ago a a dump truck sub working for my fathers business hit hit someone on a horse the rider tried suing my dad. but somehow had no leagal grounds and ended up suing the sub and getting nothing.

I have about 50 different independant truckers that I use on any given day to haul asphalt and stone, and unless I have a CURRENT certificate of insurance from them for at least 1mil liability they dont drive for me. Ultimately the sub is liable, however the person who hired the sub is a phucktard for not requiring proper insurance before hiring, it will probably bite him in the azz hard.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
the website can be confusing if you don't know how to use it so if you have any questions please call me
I appreciate all your good advice. If you don't mind I may take you up on your offer to assist me with the info. Thanks. Speak to you soon.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been asleep at the wheel!!!!! Call me at my office 386-257-0790. I can "bring the pain" on the un-suspecting..........

Brett
Old 11-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sickem Brett

Quick Reply: May need Legal Help in Fl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.