Like Tree0Likes

What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

Old 11-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Registered

My Boats: 94 43SC Black Thunder
Default Re: What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

Here's the Outer Limits boat. It's a beauty. The fit and finish and the paint were as good as their pleasure boats.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Registered

My Boats: 10 foot Kayak

Being smack in the middle of the Fountain camp and the OL camp this week in KW,I can tell you that Reggie didnt want any part of anyone raining on his parade[Especially OL because they would of opened up a can on Reggie].
Old 11-22-2005, 10:04 PM
GRH
Registered

My Boats: Velocity 290SC
Talking Re: What's this about Reggie not wanting Mike to play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I have known Reggie Fountain and sold his boats since 1987. He thrives on competition and I find it hard to believe he would attempt to limit other competitors. Pick up any high performance boat magazine and there is always 8 to 12 pages of Fountain advertising in full color splendor.

As for Reggie the man...it would be difficult to find a more generous, sincere man. Please show me ANY man who has accomplished ANYTHING without a dream or an ego. To even mention appearance is a cheap, unnecessary shot at a man who has made major contributions to our way of boating and who is willing to pony up the big bucks to help perpetuate it.
Well Said... most of the criticism of Reggie the man comes from jealousy & the courage of the internet... not ever having to face thier adversary so to speak.... why some people have to try to demean others to feel good about themselves I will never understand.... Most of the people who take cheap personal shots at Reggie are the same ones that would stand in line for his autograph....
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD
Just waiting for you bro.
Just think, if we lapped reggie with a 4 year old outerlimits in the BIG water, just think what we could do with a new lay up.
I'm in for handing out a whoopin! We also have to teach these kids how to have a "proper" party on Duvall St. Remember, the kind the police couldn't even shut down because of the crowds
Nah, you're too old to party any more. Best just pay the bills and let someone younger, more handsome and "cool" take over those responsibilities!!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: fast boats

Hey Miller!

Just you wait and see!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Sounds great. How much is OL going to put up next year?

I am sure that all manufacturers would put up their fair share, as long as the politcs normally associated with SBI don't follow their usual protocall.

Equal money should translate to equal competion.

We'll find out if everybody is subject to the same set of rules, than nobody minds kicking in sponsorship money.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Andrew,

OL never used any radar guns at any time.The XXX boat ran over 161 several times on GPS, with several wittnesses form NPRA and Powerboat magazine. The boat that we brought to Fountain did break two motors that morning while testing, and we went home. Nobody is disputing that fact. We are not living in the past here, we are forecasting the future.

Reggie may have looked fine, but Thursday morning his SVU boat was heading up US-1 with a bottom full of shrink wrap tape. It had De-Laminated approximately 15 - 18 feet of gelcoat from the bottom of the boat. Apparently Key West is a bit rougher than the Pamlico River.

I don't see how breaking a motor and going home makes you a cheater, it just makes for bad luck. If you were on your facts you would have noticed that the boat that broke in N.C. wasn't the XXX boat, but another boat that was built for the Kilo called "Can You Feel The Heat?" 2 different boats FACT! Ask any of the 20 or more people that Mike has taken for Rides in XXX and they will deffinately back up the speed claim.

Either way, you have your opinion and we have ours, let's settle this on the race course next season.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalhouse
I don't see how breaking a motor and going home makes you a cheater, it just makes for bad luck.

Ask any of the 20 or more people that Mike has taken for Rides in XXX and they will deffinately back up the speed claim.

Either way, you have your opinion and we have ours, let's settle this on the race course next season.
Wow I agree AnimalH...are you not feeling well this morning
Old 11-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
By the way Andrew,

If those laminators that built that Super Vee Unlimited that came apart in Key west while testing need instructions on how to vacuum bag, here is one supplier that does demonstrations.
Diab.
Photos from Miami last month at a trade show:

Anyone recognize this hull?

Yes, it is the molds I built for the Bullet 130...

Ok, Reggie made another mistake. Didn't hear of any duct tape stories after Dania race. Was that water smooth or don't you know?

Your molds look good by the way. Cord is doing a 18' cat boat. Still in the oven.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Registered

My Boats: 94 43SC Black Thunder

The Super V and Super Cat classes were designed to be compettitive and keep costs to a reasonable level so more people could afford to race. That's great but I still like to see the Unlimited boats run. There's just something about all the extra hp, speed and the noise. I'm a hp junkie.