Bajas - Far and few between

Notices

Bajas - Far and few between

Old 12-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: Bajas - Far and few between

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
God I'm a lucky man I just told my wife that is want were getting, and she said if that is what makes you happy buy it Man I love my wife.
If you are looking at boats try to find a PQ they have alot of room and take the water great, I've owned a 24, 29 and a 38.
My wife doesn't even know when I order new boats, and doesn't care either! She just gets in and goes along for the ride.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with chris288. i dont know much about the smaller bajas but if you need a winsheild and are boing with a baja i would go with a 272. i wouldnt get the new 275( i dont like it, just my thought). i know a guy that was a 2000( i think) that is selling one. i did alot of riding with him this year his has a 502 and the boat moves. not as fast as a 25 outlaw( had to add that). but that is what i would get. like chris said buy as big as you can and i think you would be happy with the 272. i think the boat weights about 4400 lbs so its not very heavy to tow if you had to. if you would like info on my friends boat i would be happy to get it to you.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

If you are looking for lots of room and a clean interior with solid performance and a great ride for a good price you can't beat POWERQUEST !!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Chrisf:

I may have posted this before but you are right on target looking for a 24 degree deadrise hull. Also, bigger is better. I started with a 20 Outlaw and after one run with Schulte, Norty, Tank, etc out of Channel Islands I knew I needed bigger. Went to a 28 Cigarette which was a real wave crusher and handled big water like a much larger boat (also twins). Since I moved to Vegas and will only run in the ocean a few times a year, I now have a brand new 25 Outlaw. Buy the biggest you can afford because it will be a lot cheaper now than trying to sell and move up later. I would highly recommend catching a ride(s) with some of the guys in bigger boats (Nort's got an awesome Formula with integrated swim step and windsheild) so you can really feel the difference in boat size.

I wouldn't be afraid of buying from long distances. Just make sure to get a survey and remember to utilize your "OSO family". There are many guys out there who will go check out a boat for you and take lots of photos. That combined with a survey should give you a pretty good idea of what you're looking at. Then maybe a plan ticket to look for yourself. My Cig came from 2500 miles away.

Good luck and happy hunting!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny TEAMBAJA told him to go look on Teambajamarine.com and he ended up buying my boat and never mentioned anything more about it....Way to go Chris....Thanks again for buying my boat....
Old 01-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by irishtornado
Funny TEAMBAJA told him to go look on Teambajamarine.com and he ended up buying my boat and never mentioned anything more about it....Way to go Chris....Thanks again for buying my boat....
Dave,

Wholly chit, this thread is old. I feel like a veteran through a few tours of duty now.

You might be right, I don't remember, maybe TeamBaja did point me to TBM, I will have to research the dates of my first thread there.

In the end, send him the finders fee, LOL !!!!!!!!!

And as you know Dave, but for everyone else here, I bought your 272 with 502 mag, I LOVE IT, no regrets, one of the better educated decisions I have made in my life...

Chris
Old 01-30-2008, 02:45 PM

I had a 2001 Baja 272 with a 502mag and I loved it. It had a 24V and I pulled it on a tandem axle trailer with a F150 with no problems.
The 25 outlaw has a VERY similar hull and I seen a test in Boatest.com with a 25 outlaw with a 496mag and it was getting almost 3mpg @3000 RPM's I wish I could get that now!